Heroes of Might and Poor C v0.1 [WIP]

Hello Guys & Gals!

I have uploaded short video of my work in progress game “Heroes of Might and Poor C”.

I am new to Arduino, Arduboy and C programming therefore learing on trial & error basis (that should explain Poor C subtitle :sweat_smile:). Hopefully you will like the idea. Any comments and advices are more than welcomed!

7 Likes

Great concept so far, keep up the good work!

1 Like

@Pharap is going to tell you that the Arduboy is programmed in C++, not C. :smile:

4 Likes

wait I though it was C#. :wink:

2 Likes

One day someone will surprise me and write an Arduboy game that genuinely only uses C.

@TomJohnRiddle I especially like the horse animation.

3 Likes

Ahh yes :slight_smile: looking at some posts it seems to me that Arduboy compiler is C/C++. However, as I understand we are basically coding in C++ in version which is strip down from some fancy libraries?

@Pharap Made in Piskel app. It’s kind of neat for making graphic for arduboy. Public version of the sprite can be found here: Piskel

2 Likes

It compiles as C++ by default, but can do C if you use a .c extension on a file.

C and C++ are technically different languages though, despite the amount of overlap.
In other words there is code that is legal C that isn’t legal C++.

Sort of.
The language itself is proper C++11 with all the actual features of C++11.
What it doesn’t have is the C++ standard library.
Instead there is a version of the C standard library, and Arduino’s own library.

I’ve not seen anyone here use that before, it’s certainly interesting.

1 Like

Many thanks for clarification. I guess that I will have to change subtitle to “(…) Poor C++” in version 0.2 :grinning:

1 Like

I like the fact the might and magic music is playing in the video :smiley:

3 Likes

It would take a bit of work since all the Arduboy targeted libraries, and many of the Arduino functions, use classes.

Exactly.
It would be very surprising, quite impressive, and a tiny bit pointless.

1 Like

Have so many memories with the original game. Please make this game complete, great job btw

4 Likes