HEX2BIN GAME (simple game)

Hello, My name is Taniguchi Kotaro.
HEX2BIN GAME is a simple game that measures the time to enter a binary number equal to the displayed hexadecimal number.
Remembering binary numbers is something useful.
Recommended for beginners embedded programmers.

Downloads
github

10 Likes

Something like a de-coder.

1 Like

Just try your game this afternoon Taniguchi-san. As a teacher who teach basic computer , this game is a great tool for my students to memorize hexadecimal and binary.

But I Bump to some problem, I was uploading this to my DIY Arduboy but there is no sound coming out from the game. I’ve already soldered my buzzer to Pin_speaker_1 and Pin_Speaker_2 but still no sound.

Thank you for sharing this Taniguchi-san.

2 Likes

It looks like your DIY Arduboy uses a SparkFun Pro Micro. If so, what pins did you use for the speaker? You may have to tweak the ArduboyPlaytune library to work with the speaker pins that you’ve used.

2 Likes

Which part should I change?
I use Pin 2 and Pin 5 on the Pro Micro for the buzzer

I’ve already change the Pin Speaker in the Arduboycore.h library into this

#define PIN_SPEAKER_1 5 /< The pin number of the first lead of the speaker */
#define PIN_SPEAKER_2 2 /< The pin number of the second lead of the speaker */

I also already try using the PlayTune example for both channel and both work the same

2 Likes

This game doesn’t properly use the audio subclass to control muting. Perhaps your Arduboy has sound muted in EEPROM. Try turning sound on:

• Hold the B button while powering up.
  • While still holding the B button, press the UP button for a second or so.
  • Release both buttons.
2 Likes

それはいい考えだ

Reading hexadecimal and binary are excellent skills for a programmer to have.

1 Like

Wow, It works. Thanks a bunch Scott. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve created a pull request with changes to properly control sound muting, using the Arduboy2 audio subclass.

2 Likes

Thank you for fixing the program!:grinning:

Does resetting the EEPROM (change all program-accessible bytes to 0xff) change the sound?

The first 16 bytes of EEPROM (anything before the defined value EEPROM_STORAGE_SPACE_START) are reserved for system use by the library. If you reset them (specifically location EEPROM_AUDIO_ON_OFF) then yes, sound will be enabled if it was previously muted.

1 Like