Holidate - a visual novel *Extended edition released!*

Thank you, I’ll check that out.
I have another game I have been sitting on because I need to trim about 3k for it to fit.:cry:

Just so everyone knows. Holidate in its current form is complete and should be playable. Our intention is to enhance the game before the new deadline.

2 Likes

Always in the friendzone…

4 Likes

You really got to get to know frosty to win his heart.

1 Like

Extended Game Jam Release. Achievements, progress saving with optional EEPROM use. Some extra story text and graphics.

Filled to the brim. Hope it fits for you.

2 Likes

In case anybody wants to try the EEPROM backup and restore. Program is cross platform. Linux and Windows binaries in release. Should compile for arm too.

1 Like

Maybe I should write a strategy guide.

Thanks for being my Holidate, Snowman! :heart:

2 Likes

The graphics and text on this game are perfect! Too bad Mr Snowman is ice cold! It would be great to see additional characters added during the next holiday.

1 Like

We were thinking about having a version with a new/extra character, like maybe a female character. But there really isn’t a well known female holiday character.

Maybe not ‘well known’, but what about Easter herself?? :slight_smile: :heart_eyes:

Ignoring Mrs Claus (since she’s taken), and the female reindeer (I’m pretty sure ‘Vixen’ is female, not sure about the rest), what about La Calavera Catrina?

Has the Easter bunny been sexed?

The hare was a popular motif in medieval church art. In ancient times, it was widely believed (as by Pliny, Plutarch, Philostratus, and Aelian) that the hare was a hermaphrodite.

I researched this for Easter Panic, hence I call the Easter Bunny ‘it’, since it is a hermaphroditic mythical creature.

Unless of course you want to go down the route of drawing a parallel with Easter and Eostre, which has been done, but at a later point in time.

I like the May Queen option.
It’s an obscure option if you don’t live in the British country side but it’s good because you can play off crazy traditions like morris dancing and the may pole.
(Crazy in the endearing sense.)

(By the way, you linked to the mobile versions of all those pages.)

I’m on sneaking in online time on my mobile …

I wasn’t familiar with La Calavera Catrina but I like her. That could make for an interesting date.

3 Likes

I had suggested Suzy Snowflake but we decided she was too much like frosty. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaUBpsn4QjQ

Lots of debate about this.

She’s probably the most obscure suggestion so far.
(And ironically reminds me of a Yukionna.)

I hadn’t bothered thinking about biology, I was just guessing by name and assuming there was at least one male and at least one female.

Interesting to see that it ends up being reduced to the probability of males retaining their antlers into december.