Hollow Seeker - A simple action game

(OBONO) #1

How to play

Go forward in right direction.
Seek a hollow as refuge not to be crushed.

Video

https://youtu.be/IoN5fhvhjx4

Download

Download HEX file.
Or check out souce code and build project in ‘hollow’ folder.

おすすめゲーム 2017年05月
Best of Arduboy 2016
What is your favorite game?
What’s the best Arduboy game?

Could you add a video ? Although the screenshot gives a pretty good idea of the game play, a video is always nice :slight_smile:

(OBONO) #3

Thank you for your suggestion. I added a video clip.

(Sebastian Perez Galarza) #4

great game obono but y like pico8 obono sprites XD

play PICO8 HOLLOW SEEKER online here (on color)

For those who do not know, obono, also porgram on other platforms! And we have it here with us in arduboy … even in my pocket chip … so I love this game. In my pc in my pocketchip and in my arduboy … true next generation

(OBONO) #5

Actually this is 6th platform of this game. I have less inventiveness. I’m just porting, porting and porting. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Kevin) #6

Looks best on the arduboy IMHO :hamburger:

(Holmes) #7

Love this game, @obono! It is very polished!

My best was 492!!

(Kevin) #8

Custom font, awesome!

(OBONO) #9

I’d like to know everyone’s best score.
My best is 1033.

@crait Good job! Though you can get more score.
@bateske Thank you.

(Matt) #10

This looks great, although it wont compile for me in the Arduino IDE. The error I get is:

from sketch\MyArduboy.h:4,

from sketch\common.h:4,

from sketch\title.cpp:1:

sketch\title.cpp: In function ‘void drawTitle()’:

title.cpp:211: error: invalid conversion from ‘uint16_t {aka unsigned int}’ to 'const char’ [-fpermissive]*

** p = pgm_read_word(menusTable + i);**

** ^**

title.cpp:242: error: invalid conversion from ‘uint16_t {aka unsigned int}’ to 'const char’ [-fpermissive]*

** p = pgm_read_word(creditsTable + i);**

** ^**

exit status 1
invalid conversion from ‘uint16_t {aka unsigned int}’ to 'const char’ [-fpermissive]*

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

It cant be library related because you include your own. I have IDE 1.6.13 and board is set to ‘Arduboy’.
Incidentally i have Arduboy Library 1.1.1 installed also.

any help?

(OBONO) #11

@scootmatt My IDE was 1.6.9 so I replaced with latest version but the compiler doesn’t say such error.
How about following code?

p = (const char *) pgm_read_word(menusTable + i);

(Matt) #12

This works perfectly now, many thanks.
Its a fun game :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Brad Devlin) #13

Warning: platform.txt from core ‘Arduino AVR Boards’ contains deprecated recipe.preproc.macros="{compiler.path}{compiler.cpp.cmd}" {compiler.cpp.flags} {preproc.macros.flags} -mmcu={build.mcu} -DF_CPU={build.f_cpu} -DARDUINO={runtime.ide.version} -DARDUINO_{build.board} -DARDUINO_ARCH_{build.arch} {compiler.cpp.extra_flags} {build.extra_flags} {includes} “{source_file}”, automatically converted to recipe.preproc.macros="{compiler.path}{compiler.cpp.cmd}" {compiler.cpp.flags} {preproc.macros.flags} -mmcu={build.mcu} -DF_CPU={build.f_cpu} -DARDUINO={runtime.ide.version} -DARDUINO_{build.board} -DARDUINO_ARCH_{build.arch} {compiler.cpp.extra_flags} {build.extra_flags} {includes} “{source_file}” -o “{preprocessed_file_path}”. Consider upgrading this core.
sketch\title.cpp:4:26: fatal error: ArduboyAudio.h: No such file or directory

#include <ArduboyAudio.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduboy.

(OBONO) #14

@Mortician Sorry, I have no idea to help you.

(Brad Devlin) #15

I do… Where can I find ArduboyAudio.h and ArduboyCore.h ? These do not seem to be available anywhere?

They Are not recognized in my arduino IDE and I have removed an re-installed all AurduBoy related libraries.

(Scott) #16

They are part of the Arduboy library. They will be located in the audio and core subdirectories in the src directory if the Arduboy library has been properly installed. See step 2 of the Quick Start Guide for instructions on how to install the Arduboy library.

(spinal) #17

Excellent game! Nothing much else to say.

(OBONO) #18

@MLXXXp Thank you for your supplement.
@spinal Thanks! How much point did you get?

(Holmes) #19

I have added this game to my Arduboy Manager repository.

(OBONO) #20

@crait Thank you very much!!