How many Arduboys are out there?

So I’m curious, how many Arduboys have been sold and are out there? There has to be at the very least 10,000 out there telling by the first Kickstarter’s success, even though it has more than likely sold more on it’s own afterwards aswell as from the publicity it has gotten from the Arduventure Kickstarter and from relatively big YouTubers like 8-Bit Guy, This Does Not Compute, and Linux Tech Tips along with other YouTubers.

1 Like

I have five with a new one on the way thanks to a Jam win. One of the original five is dead, though. I suspect that a few of uis have more than one.

1 Like
3 Likes

I’m sorry for your lost.
That’s also interesting. I’d make sense that some of the regulars on this forum would have two or more.

That’s pretty cool that 25,000 people own atleast one. Thankyou for going out of your way to show this tweet.

1 Like

Yes it was a sad day … I tried reprogramming the bootloader and but I think I might have killed it myself.

The remaining family are hard at work. They have a distant cousin, too (the Tetris card).

2 Likes

They all have my blessings, including the Tetris Card.

1 Like

Note that there are a number of different Arduboy compatible Chinese clones being sold, as well. Plus, a few personal home made systems. Then there’s the PC emulators/simulators. So, the overall user/developer base is a bit larger still.

3 Likes

Optimal base for a new strategy game.
#teaser

1 Like

Looking forward to playing this game. According to what I’ve seen on github it’s more than promising. Any release date?

1 Like

Playing which game ?

The name of the game is Arduwars

I should have obfuscated it somehow, oops. That’s how leaks happen :joy:.
More infos soon. :wink:

3 Likes

If you need a beta tester, just shout

3 Likes

Mine is somewhere, out there… Making someone happy I wish :pensive:

I would like to have one but I couldn’t get one via Kickstarter and now i am trying to buy it through online Shops in Germany where I live but they don’t have them on stock and also i am trying to get a discount because i don’t have that much money because i am a student but i think the project is really cool. Maybe one day i will have one in my Hands. It would be so nice…
If someone want to make me happy maybe he can help me. I know it sounds awkward and arrogant but who knows when i will get my Arduboy?

1 Like

Dude, you spoiler everything :laughing::see_no_evil: thank you :heart:
May i ask you to remove the post until I make it official? :wink:

1 Like

Removed and sorry for my enthusiasm :smiley: When will it be official?

1 Like

@PedroGent i hope spoon. :wink: can’t really say. Sparetime is rare.

1 Like

As I already mentioned, if you need a beta tester don’t hesitate to contact me (I’m a big fan of turn based games especially Advance Wars and Xcom).

1 Like