How to add games to Arduboy FX

There are plenty of instructions on how to add games to a non-FX Arduboy but I am not seeing any instruction on how to add games to the Arduboy FX roster. How do you do that?

v/r
BVIC

2 Likes

There are quite a few threads describing this if you’d search for it, here’s one I wrote a step-by-step on: Uploading to FX - #4 by poevoid

2 Likes

I did search for it hence my “I am not seeing any instruction on how to add games to the Arduboy FX roster”. I appreciate providing a step by step instructions and this is indeed helpful but please don’t make assumptions that I didn’t make any effort to search.

/R
BVIC

1 Like

Not trying to make you feel attacked, there’s a lot of people that come in here making similar topics without ever searching, I’m sorry I made you feel like you were doing something wrong! Just trying to point people in the right direction as far as finding things on the forum goes :slight_smile: What did you search? Keep in mind this forum isn’t google, so you need to search for things that would likely be said in the forum on the subject. With this thread’s topic I found it by searching “upload to fx” because I figured that phrase would be included somewhere in either the topic title or discussion itself. It ended up being the top result, but that may be because I’ve posted on it.

Back on the original question though, I think there’s a GUI alternative someone made called ArduManFX if you want to look for it! It should be easier to add more games at once than the step-by-step method, but the step-by-step is good for understanding how the process works.

I am pretty sure that @tuxinator2009’s ArduManFX is still a WIP and the ability to upload games to the FX is not yet implemented.

1 Like

Just thank @poevoid for the instructions and leave it at that, no need to get defensive by accusing him of accusing you of not searching. That part adds nothing constructive and just comes across as abrasive.

It’s alright, my original reply was assumptive and @BrunoVicious was valid for calling out that tone. I don’t think there’s any hurt feelings on either side at this point. They felt defensive because I made an assumption just because I had an easier time finding the results they were looking for, that’s nothing to be ashamed of, they did the right thing by defending themself. I’d also argue that it is constructive, maybe not to the specific topic, but it’s important for people on the forum to listen to each other and for other’s to be able to see that this is a safe community to learn and ask questions without being judged. They rightfully called me out, but it’s no reason to turn into an argument, it’s an opportunity to make sure I don’t assume things like that here in the future, while giving others subtle permission to call me out (though more explicitly now), and adding some info about the forum’s search function at the same time. There’s only conflict if we let conflict take over.

2 Likes

There’s a right and wrong way to call someone out. Tone and circumstance are both important. I don’t see a significant unreasonableness in your assumptions given the context of the original post, certainly not enough to warrant a preemptively defensive response. Well I guess if there’s no issue on either side then let’s let sleeping cats lie.

That’s the thing about text vs oral communication. There’s not much of a way to show tone, so different people are gonna get different tones in their head when they read it. Reminds me of that old Keye & Peele sketch When a Text Conversation Goes Very Wrong - Key & Peele - YouTube lol. You may not find it reasonable, but others could, and even if that’s different than how you or someone else would respond, as long as they aren’t attacking anyone or trying to take someone down a notch, they’re concerns and feelings are usually valid :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lol thanks for the video, it gave me a good laugh!

1 Like