Arising from the ashes that was the Arduboy Sculpture is: Arduflexboy
Utilizing OSHparks new flex service I took the working minimal schematic I had made for the sculpture and brought it onto a flex pcb.
Same design concept of the sculpture was to hide all of the components behind the screen which has been done. At the screen area the total thickness is around 2.5mm but everywhere else is a paper thin!
The buttons are capacitive just like the original Arduboy prototype but in this case work like butt, as the library was tuned for an FR4 dielectric so probably could be fixed in software a bit.
The battery is a CR2016 which baaarely has enough juice to run this puppy evidenced by the dim screen. The origonal Arduboy prototype would run for about 30-45 minutes for each primary cell coin cell it eat’s up. The circuit draws around 20 mA and the battery is rated for somewhere north of 100, I think 150ish.
But it works, and I’m going to make 2 more, one with a normal arduboy battery and going to try one with an LIR2016 but that only has about 20mA capacity so I’m not sure it will have enough oomph to get past a closed circuit resistance.
Here is a video that shows how crap the button performance is.