It’s heating up

(Simon) #1

It was 36 degrees today and will be 37 tomorrow here in Melbourne … it’s going to be a long hot summer.

(Kevin) #2

What is Celsius?

I’ve never been to Australia. I’d like to go.

(Miloslav Číž) #3

LOL I’m freezing here.

(Simon) #4

Celsius is a system designed explicitly to confuse Americans. Whatever happened to the word centigrade? No one seems to use it anymore.

You should head over to Aus during one of your winters. Portland > LA > Melbourne is only about 15 hours of flying time.

(Simon) #5

37 degrees Celsius is just shy of 100 F

(Miloslav Číž) #6

68 Felsius

(Simon) #7

Going by that it’s 68 degrees E.

(Scott R) #8

Huh? It was around lasttine I checked in the 90’s

(Kevin) #9

I’ve got a really good friend in Melbourne.

My exposure to Australian culture is I watch a youtube show called Mighty Car Mods.

(Holmes) #10

I remember when it was at least 105 for 5 days in a row a few months ago over here in Texas. Fun times. :rofl:

Barometer was actually for measuring atmospheric pressure …

I think it should have spelled bar-o-meter.

Mid 20s F here. Had to scrape my car for the first time this morning. So a little under 0°C

Yep, had a nice bit of frost all over my car this morning, had to idle it with heat/defrost on full blast so I wouldn’t arrive at work as a popsicle.

I never idle for more than enough time for my motor to rev down to it’s normal idle point, 1-2 minutes. It would take 20+ min for my car to warm up idling.

It’s unfortunate since my shifter feels like a wood stick in a bag of rocks when it’s this cold.

Starting my car a good 3-4 mins before I drive on a sub-freezing day is usually enough to get comfortable. That plus heated seats are a godsend!

(Cody) #18

Come down and enjoy the killing heats and the jumbo spiders and other similar horrors! A holiday for the whole family

(Pharap) #19

The same thing it’s been for 70 years.

‘Centigrade’ is deprecated.

Before being renamed to honor Anders Celsius in 1948, the unit was called centigrade, from the Latin centum, which means 100, and gradus, which means steps.

Visit Dungay, as seen on TV.

Huntsman spiders, cockroaches, crickets, mealworms, eels, yabbies, rats, baby crocs and car alarm birds.
(Also pigeons for some strange reason.)

It rained here yesterday, the day before, and this morning.
It’ll probably be grey and rainy for most of the month.

I went to Egypt once and it hit 50 degrees one afternoon.
I had some very nice Pizza for lunch that day.

(Scott R) #20

It rained here yesterday, the day before, and this morning.
It’ll probably be grey and rainy for most of the month year