Juno First [1.01]

I get this when uploading

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows Store 1.8.10.0) (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Leonardo"

C:\Users\`\Desktop\Arduboy\games\JunoFirst\JunoFirst\JunoFirst.ino: In function 'void Play()':

JunoFirst:443: error: no matching function for call to 'Arduboy2Ext::setRGBled(int, int)'

arduboy.setRGBled(RED_LED, 16);

^

C:\Users\`\Desktop\Arduboy\games\JunoFirst\JunoFirst\JunoFirst.ino:443:48: note: candidate is:

In file included from C:\Users\`\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduboy2\src/Arduboy2.h:12:0,

from sketch\src/utils/Arduboy2Ext.h:3,

from C:\Users\`\Desktop\Arduboy\games\JunoFirst\JunoFirst\JunoFirst.ino:1:

C:\Users\`\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduboy2\src/Arduboy2Core.h:585:17: note: static void Arduboy2Core::setRGBled(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t)

void static setRGBled(uint8_t red, uint8_t green, uint8_t blue);

^

C:\Users\`\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduboy2\src/Arduboy2Core.h:585:17: note:   candidate expects 3 arguments, 2 provided

JunoFirst:504: error: no matching function for call to 'Arduboy2Ext::setRGBled(int, int)'

arduboy.setRGBled(RED_LED, 16);

^

C:\Users\`\Desktop\Arduboy\games\JunoFirst\JunoFirst\JunoFirst.ino:504:42: note: candidate is:

In file included from C:\Users\`\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduboy2\src/Arduboy2.h:12:0,

from sketch\src/utils/Arduboy2Ext.h:3,

from C:\Users\`\Desktop\Arduboy\games\JunoFirst\JunoFirst\JunoFirst.ino:1:

C:\Users\`\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduboy2\src/Arduboy2Core.h:585:17: note: static void Arduboy2Core::setRGBled(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t)

void static setRGBled(uint8_t red, uint8_t green, uint8_t blue);

^

C:\Users\`\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduboy2\src/Arduboy2Core.h:585:17: note:   candidate expects 3 arguments, 2 provided

exit status 1
no matching function for call to 'Arduboy2Ext::setRGBled(int, int)'

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Btw I will be bush walking in the morning :P

Have you updated the Arduboy2 library to the latest version 5.1.0?

Right … these new LED functions are part of 5.10.

1 Like

So of course my development arduboy is giving me problems. Lode runner is stuck and I can not load Juno on it. So I had to install in on my daily driver arduboy.
I played with all the combinations available. I found this to be my favorite.

// Do we invert the screen?
#define USE_INVERT
// Just once or multiple times
// #define SINGLE_FLASH

It is a good visual feedback for me. Of course this is just my preference. I’ll play more and let you know of anything else I can think of.

Right … so you prefer the multiple flashes of both the screen and red LED instead of a single flash? I thought this might be too much for some people … I will leave it with those settings and see if it grows on me.

Now that you can customize this is just fantastic. I can really see it being to much for most.

1 Like

Personally i prefer a single flash with a quick screen invert true/false. But not multiple flash. And it may produced weird colors when you are hit and are in x2 mode.

A nice shade of purple?

2 Likes

Doesnt seem to do anything weird with a single flash and a screen flash.

1 Like

I had my teenage daughter give the game a whirl. She had fun with it. No feedback of improvements from her.

3 Likes

Good to hear ! If it passes the teenage scorn then I must be on the right path.

4 Likes

After a bit of play testing, Juno First V1.00 is live!

5 Likes

Congratulations on another fine game!

3 Likes

Thanks … I hope your teenage kids like it!

2 Likes

I’m writing this post just to sort of appreciate the creators of Juno First (Filmote and Vampirics) I just downloaded it an hour ago and cant put it down. Awesome job guys! I seriously love the fact that you included a pause button (without it I don’t think I would be able to write this post). Anyway awesome game and for anyone that hasn’t tried it yet I recommend you download it right away.

6 Likes

Yes, it is a great little :gem:, i love it, too!

2 Likes

Thanks @James1 … It was not a game I was familiar with before @Vampirics showed it to me. I loved the idea of the moving ground and the forward and reverse thrust. I am bad with graphics so it probably wouldn’t have got made if it weren’t for Stephane’s neat bitmaps.

3 Likes

It really is a super cool way of moving around, its like its moving around on some sort of cylinder

3 Likes

Right … at first I was trying to work out how to do it with angles and perspective then I just threw it all away and went for some good ol’ hard coding!

2 Likes

well it turned out great!

3 Likes