Kickstarter Edition numbering

(John Windberg) #1

Mine says
1 of 10,000

Do they all say that, or is mine actually number 1?

(Robert Cullen) #2

They all say 1 of 10,000, unless it’s the gold edition which says 1 of 250 i believe.

(John Windberg) #3

And I thought I was special!

(Ash) #4

Would have been nice if they had unique serial numbers or the backer number on them, but it would have increased the cost per unit I suppose and added extra work.

NOPE !!! arduboy gold says the same as the complete 1st batch production…
here u can see :wink:

(Ash) #6

Weird, I’m sure I have seen someone say their gold one was 1 of 250, wasn’t there two different backer rewards with gold backs?

NO ! there was time to grab one of 100 gold arduboy’s and later kevin decided to make another 100 peeps lucky to get a gold one. so all in all there were 200 pcs of gold arduboy’s produced !! not 250 !! and those are looking like the pic i showed you.
anyway - i don’t care about the fact that there is 200 or 250 or any other number of gold backplates. a friend of mine is doing an exclusive, individual one for me. completely CNC milled, polished finishing and laser engraved with my pseudonym and our demo crew :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

(Ross) #8

Take one unit from the collection of 10k Arduboys, and that is your Arduboy. 1 of 10,000 ; ) So one person does have the literal first… wonder who it is… could be you!

could be everyone of those 10000 :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

(Ross) #10

We need mathjax on here to make a proper definition.

I just got handed one of the “1 of 250” gold kickstarter editions as a gift, so they definitely exist. Pretty excited. Hadn’t heard of this before I was handed one.

(Kevin) #12

The gold 1 of 10,000 is a prototype!

And now I begin to wonder … why oooh why don’t I have a golden one :innocent:

(Cody) #14

How do I get gold because I’m thinking gold

(Celine) #15

that was a special edition Kickstarter Gold back, we are not making the backs Gold anymore.

(Cody) #16

Dang it oh well thanks anyway

@Cody17

i can sell you my gold arduboy edition. are you interested ?

(Cody) #18

Nah thanks any way I don’t really buy second hand electronics thanks any way but on eBay you could earn big bucks

(Kevin) #19

250 were made, because there were about 50 people who upgraded from early bird to gold.

I’ve got a few gold units sitting in my dad’s house actually overstock because less than 250 were ordered!

I also accidentally sent out some gold unit’s as replacements! It’s chaos!

We may or may not be working on new colors…

(Cody) #20

Cool can u send s pic or two