Lander! - Lunar Lander clone

Lander!

A Lunar Lander clone

I've always loved this game so I thought I'd give programming it a try!

I've only just began programming this and I'm not a professional by any means, so I thought I'd look to the community for input while I continue this project. So please, feel free to try it out and tell me what you think!

Download

It is far from complete but I thought it would be interesting to show how the game evolves as I work on it

Here's a screenshot of what I have so far:

Once you get close enough to the ground, the view zooms in for landing

Controls:

B: Pause Left/Right: Turn the ship 45 degrees Down: Thrust

To win:

You must land upright on a flat part of the map (the middle of a three unit spread of the same height) with a low enough velocity in the x and y direction

4 Likes

Great idea to zoom in. That’s a very cool idea for this gameplay

1 Like

Just some minor suggestons:

• The Arduboy library you’re using is no longer being developed, so isn’t recommended for new sketches. Use the Arduboy2 library instead.

Change the start of your code from

#include "Arduboy.h";

static Arduboy arduboy;

to

#include <Arduboy2.h>

Arduboy2 arduboy;

(The colon at the end of #include "Arduboy.h"; is incorrect, and it’s better to use angle brackets to include external libraries, and you don’t need to make the arduboy object static.)

• If you’re not going to use nextFrame() to control the frame rate of your game, you don’t need the arduboy.setFrameRate(60); statement in setup().

Thanks so much! Like I said, I’m super new with this, so tips like this are loads of help. I’ll get right on to updating the code!

Farkkk, I was working on basically exactly this haha, but have no spare time currently. Good work, I used to love this game.