Little Rook Chess
Little Rook Chess is a chess program with a graphics front end. It was Originally developed as a demo application for my graphics library,
U8glib. Little Rook Chess is now part of
U8g2, the latest version of my graphics lib.
- Most of the chess rules are known
- Nice graphics
- Undo option
- Runs on an Arduboy 1.0, no changes to the source needed
- The Developer’s Kit will work after altering
LittleRookChess.ino- related topic
- Compared to the original version, I fixed some bugs and improved graphics for the Arduboy.
- Well… ok… buildin computer player is not sooo strong… but i guess ok for an 8Bit controller.
Written instructions and a video of the installation process to load Little Rook Chess on an Arduboy using the Arduino IDE are provided. Please reply to this topic if you have any problems or questions.
Installing Little Rook Chess
Before proceeding, make sure you have the latest version of the Arduino IDE installed.
1. Install the
- Using the Arduino IDE’s Library Manager, search for ‘
U8g2’ and install the latest version of the
2. Load the Little Rook Chess example
- The Little Rook sketch can be found in the
gamessection along with the other
U8g2when it was installed. The examples for installed libraries can found using the Arduino IDE’s menu bar, under
File > Examples.
File > Examples > U8g2 > Games > LittleRookChess
3. Compile the source and upload the game to your Arduboy
- Press the
Uploadbuttons in the top left of the IDE.
The Arduino IDE status window will report the size of the compilation,
Sketch uses 19,362 bytes (67%)... and then begin uploading the
Little Rook game. During the game upload, your Arduboy will reboot. When the Arduboy powers back on, it will boot Little Rook Chess and you are reay to start playing.
The actions for each of the buttons in Little Rook are displayed in the image at the top of the this topic.
The original page for Little Rook Chess is here.
The current source for Little Rook can be found on Github.
Description for the graphics library
U8g2 is here. Arduboy is fully supported by