Lockdown project

Hi everyone, with the help of arduboy experts on Internet i decided to make my own model.

Below are the items that is used.

1.Arduino pro micro
2. Monochrome 7-pin SSD1306 0.96” OLED display
3.old Nokia mobile lion battery, it gives 30 hours of play time
4. 6x6 push tactile buttons (1 restart button is must)
5. Old mobile speaker
6. 1 micro switch button for on off.

Size of the console is 5x3.5x1 CM only.

7 Likes

Any pictures?

5 Likes

2 Likes

Very cool … I know you said it was 5.1 x 3 cm but it looks smaller than envisaged beside your hand.

Ha ha haa, yes it looks tiny and its durable as well. I am from India and here average palms are slightly smaller. But i am damn sure it will look far smaller on the hands of other.

I gathered you were Indian from your name - which is very cool as it implies the Arduboy is ‘indie’.

Thanks Simon¡

That would make it roughly as tall as an AA battery, and slightly thinner.

2 Likes

Yeah! and i play games while doing my office work

1 Like

Very nice work @ArduIndi.
@filmote i know indie is a common name in music, but watch out being branded “too ethnic” or even racist with everything going round in the world today :wink:.

Yes thats true

But have to say that this is one off the most friendly helpful and humorous forums i known off. So no need to worry :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It’s also a common term in video games too:

Pretty much all Arduboy games are ‘Indie Games’ by definition:

In the video game industry, an independent (indie) game refers to games typically created by individuals or smaller development teams without the financial support of a large game publisher, in contrast to most “AAA games”.

It’s kind of strange that we don’t use the term more often.
Maybe it’s one of those buzzwords people got fed up of hearing?

1 Like

I think it’s a great name it covers a lot of independent and creative people.

1 Like

I just wasn’t sure if you knew of its use in the games industry since you mentioned music rather than video games.

I’m not going to comment on the rest, mainly to avoid derailing the topic too much, but partly because I find that any even remotely political discussions on forums tend to go south one way or another, regardless of intent.

3 Likes