Lode Runner - Level 154

But @ThaddeusSM you have 115 more levels of Lode Runner to complete before you can risk upsetting your EEPROM settings.

BTW … that link look to be a place holder. There is not code or .HEX file there.

1 Like

Yeah I know about Lode Runner XD. I should have looked at the github page closer I guess. In my excitement I went too fast :stuck_out_tongue:

I looked a little deeper in the Team Arg website/github page and it looks like they just claimed all the necessary sites, but haven’t put up any actual files yet.

2 Likes

Peaked too early. It will be interesting to see what EEPROM settings they are saving - would be lovely if there is no clash!

What level are you on now?

Level%20154397x254

I am on 49 I think?? Level 43 or 44 might be broken btw. I remember having to skip either one of them or both due to some abnormality in the level design, but I forgot to report it right away sigh hopefully we can find it again.

I am working on a level designer that makes it easy to pick errors and design new levels. The above pic is from that designer.

1 Like

Can anyone else see the stormtrooper?

4 Likes

I think that was the purpose of that level design, it’s @ThaddeusSM profile icon.

4 Likes

Unfortunately there will always be a 1/65535 chance that your chosen sentry value is going to clash.

But on top of that there’s the possibility that the sentry isn’t overwritten but the other data is.

A better solution would be to use a cyclic redundancy check.
That would tell you if any of the data had been overwritten and not just the sentry value.

(Unfortunately every time I go to read about the maths behind CRC they loose me at ‘long division’. Xor being addition modulo two makes perfect sense, as does treating a string of bits as a polynomial, but long division is just weird, even when done with regular numbers instead of polynomials.)