Mouse Interrupter

I in fact do not know where to put this one at.
It’s obviously not a game, but it is Arduboy related (somewhat)

I present you … the Mouse interrupter.

Why do I write it

It happened to me once (maybe twice) that I am in need of downloading something over a extended period of time, usually overnight, and that if I let the screen go dark then the stupid laptop of mine will have a chance to stop downloading all of a sudden. However, if I keep the screen lit (and give it input) then it will do fine.

It’s like when I am sitting in front of it watching the downloading number go up it will behave properly, but if I don’t then it will not.

Since I don’t have my Arduboy (lugging around a credit card with a cumbersome 18650 strapped to its back, plus some fragile exposed wires is anything but convenient), and my Arduboy clone lacks a few pins for the protoshield and the stuff on it, the program do not have any visual output, or sound. Beside the TX light.

Again, quote from GNU license header:

I hope you can find it useful.

0 Likes

(Boti Kis) #2

That is quite a over engineered solution for you problem…
A change it in the power/energy saver settings would do it too.

Also it should be sufficient to only have one single mouse move instead this left/right wiggle with all the delays.

0 Likes

(Simon) #3

I am glad someone replied. I had no idea what to say to this …

2 Likes

(Pharap) #4

If%20it's%20worth%20doing

2 Likes

(Erwin) #5

The concept is cool, I often use: https://archive.codeplex.com/?p=mousejiggler just to be sure… My MS Surface tends to try to sleep over lengthy processes even when every setting is preventing that

0 Likes

@Botisaurus

TL;DR

Yes, it is precisely the problem. ESPECIALLY with my Windows 10.
On my Windows 7 here everything works fine. I am able to pull things off the internet with the power connected, over any length of time (haven’t done over 72 hours, which is a weekend)
On my Windows 10 it don’t work. Plugging it in may prevent it from sleeping but not downloading things proper.

I’d also put the blame on the internet, but right now I am really just looking for a reason to put that stupid Leonardo to use. (pins on the way)

0 Likes