My arduboy build

(jon yakowec) #1

I based my case design off of the old radio shack game&watch games from the 80’s. The internal parts I got on eBay and I used an old a-drive cable to wire it all up. This is the first time I’ve done anything with arduino. Now I need to learn how to wright my own game

(Scott R) #2

That my friend is a thing of beauty.

(jon yakowec) #3

Thank you :slight_smile:, its not as sleek as an actual arduboy so I tried to make up for it with a retro look.

(Kevin) #4

The style is good! Looks straight from 1983.

(jon yakowec) #5

Thanks, now I need to learn how to wright games so i can try to port over some early 80’s arcade games.

(Holmes) #6

Wow, that is absolutely beautiful! Did you 3D print the case, then smooth it with acetone?

(jon yakowec) #7

Thanks. Yep I printed it on pla. Then i gave it a light sanding with 400grit sandpaper, then a couple generous coats of crylon clear coat. I think I got fairly close to making it look like it was injection molded.

(Alexander Sharikhin) #8

Hello!

Can You share STLs for printing?

I think about building DIY arduboy in usable case(my current build on breadboard and looks ugly)

As soon as I saw it I thought to myself: “Self, this looks like a Game&Watch!” The design is spot on, great job!

(jon yakowec) #10

I still have some tweaking to do on my design for the inside of the case before I can share the stl’s. For some of the components I had to melt a bit of filament to secure them. I want to try cramming in a flash cart yet too. I think I might just have enough room for one.

(jon yakowec) #11

Thanks, that’s exactly what I was going for in my design. I used to have a radio shack game &watch as a kid and I guess I’ve been a bit nostalgic for it lately lol