Nativer Emulator gesucht / Native emulator wanted

Nativer Emulator gesucht /

Hallo ihr,

ist ein nativer Emulator für Windows, oder Linux verfügbar? Ich weis, es gibt den ABE Emulator. Aber, an diesen kann ich kein Gamepad, für Tests, einrichten… Oder, ich habe die passenden Einstellungen nicht gefunden… Außerdem läuft dieser Emulator, soweit ich es bisher erkennen konnte, nur im Browser, also Firefox, Chrome usw…

Gibt es einen Emulator, womit ich meine selbst programmierten Sachen testen und ein Gamepad für Tests einrichtenkann, der eigenständig/ nativ läuft?

LG Ronny

PS: Ich bin der englischen Sprache nicht 100%ig mächtig, daher habe ich meine Frage mittels Google Translate übersetzt. Die Übersetzung ist direkt unter der deutsch sprachigen Frage angehangen :slight_smile:

PS: Ich habe mir heute den ArduBoy über einen örtlicheh Shop gekauft. Er müsste in ca, 1-3 Tagen bei mir sein…

Hello you,

is a native emulator available for Windows or Linux? I know, there is the ABE emulator. But, on these I can not set up a gamepad, for tests … Or, I did not find the right settings … Also, this emulator, as far as I could see so far, only runs in the browser, so Firefox, Chrome, etc. …

Is there an emulator that allows me to test my self-programmed stuff and set up a gamepad for testing that works standalone / natively?

LG Ronny

PS: I do not speak English 100% perfectly, so I translated my question via Google Translate.

PS: Today I bought the ArduBoy through a local shop. He would have to be with me in about 1-3 days …

How about something like https://joytokey.net/ ? for using the joystick in Project ABE

2 Likes

I don’t know how, but I 'm pretty sure I remember reading that it’s possible to use certain game controllers with project ABE.

As @eried says there are lots of different programs that can translate joystick input into keyboard input.

There’s also a program for the Arduboy that can make it act as a keyboard so you can use your Arduboy to play Arduboy games on the emulator.

I don’t know if it supports game controllers but there is a ‘native’ Arduboy emulator:

I’m not sure which OSes it works on or how easy it is to get up and running though.

Ich glaube, ich habe die Tastenbelegung gerade nicht im Kopf… Ich gucke mir das einmal an und melde mich wieder.

Vielen Dank für Deine Hilfe :slight_smile:

I think I have the key assignment just not in the head … I look at this once and get back to me.

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you don’t want to use a browser, ABE can be run as an app. See one of the offline builds here.
Both the online and offline version should work with a gamepad. If it doesn’t work with yours, could you tell me exactly which gamepad you use?

1 Like

I tested with generic USB NES pad, 8-bit duo NES30 and Xbox 360 controllers both analog and digital pads supported.

Yeah, I think anything that tries to be compatible with the Xbox360 would work. I’m not sure about the others, like the steam controller or older joypads. I wonder if windows still supports pre-USB joypads.