Need ideas for arduboy games?😃

I would love to see a recreation of Dig Dug, my fav arcade game.

2 Likes

HELL YEAH!!! why dont think about it!!! AN ARDUG

1 Like

Hey there : ) we have a #classifieds section.
###Edit
I added a #classifieds:bounties section to the classifieds. We will see how it works out :smile: :wheel_of_dharma:. Payment should mainly be in internets, but I think that is implied. I’ll also be distributing badges as needed :smiley: :cop:.

Sorry for not coming back sooner…

@dogfriend and @ethancawse … I am definitely on your side around keeping the community open, free…

I was merely suggesting that if one wanted something done for them, they could entice someone else to do it with money instead of asking, demanding, or begging…

Thinking about this logically… So if you wanted something done to help move your game along or bring it to the masses, it would still give you the opportunity to carry on the spirit of the community by releasing what you paid for (either an in game asset or a game you want done) for free…

I am definitely not suggesting that everyone should pay for games…

Dang yes. I wish I had the time to learn programming. :sob: haha

@Micahdebick I started in 2013 with arduino and NO knowledge of coding what so ever … Shadow Runner - First conversion of a TEAM a.r.g. game is the first game I did on my own :slight_smile: I’m also co-organizer of http://www.arduino-jam.org

So … Don’t think you can’t do it. Just try stuff, split projects into really small parts, that’s how I did it.

2 Likes

Thanks man. Its not that I don’t think I can. I know I could learn if I just put the time into it. Time is just something I’m lacking being a student, co-business manager, and aspiring musician haha
Maybe I’ll try to put some of my limited free time to learning arduino code. And perhaps, in 3 years, I too can have something worth sharing!
Thanks for the encouragement though!

Also, do you have a suggestion of where to start for learning coding? Youtube, wikis, forums, software, books even?
Thank you!

Indeed I started just doing Arduino and these are the steps I did:

• I bought an Arduino Uno starter kit and the Arduino cookbook.
  • I thought of a simple project first (4 led’s and 4 buttons for a “Simon says” game)
  • I split up the entire project into very small parts
  • and I just started tackling every part one by one
  • and finally I have put all little pieces together into one piece … a game :slight_smile:
1 Like

Why not make arduisland a survival island game!!!

A Tetris clone would be fantastic.

I know the Tetris Microcard exists and is fully licensed by the Tetris Company.

You called The Falling Blocks Game or something similar.

I’m afraid that’s just not allowed! :spy:

1 Like

Meaning bateske’s relationship with Tetris doesn’t allow it - and they are super paranoid about clones… it can easily be done (and there is already source out there for it) but it would have to be discussed somewhere else I have a feeling.

If you read about the court case a while back a judge actually said Tetris clones are more than legal if you don’t steal ALL the unique things about Tetris… but that doesn’t necessarly stop Tetris from sending you scary memos from their lawyers.

I understand that there’s legal ramifications if somebody did go ahead and create a Tetris clone.

I also know in the Gamebuino library there is code for a couple of games called BlockBueno and Tetrino.

But I’ve no idea how to compile it to work on the Arduboy.

There is a Gamebuino wrapper here on the forums somewhere you could probaby use to get most of the way there.

Any idea what’s it’s called?

Just search for gamebuino.

This is almost too simply to be called a game. This is like a list of strings and a few lines of code. :slight_smile:

Pretty sure we already have a pac man.

Ok, Pixel Miner is cute:

DO people actually spent a lot of time playing this though?

1 Like

I have a Pebble Classic. Great watches.

1 Like