New Arduboy owner!...is it supposed to be slightly bowed? Update...issue solved!

I just received my Arduboy and its beautiful! One thing I noticed though is a slight bow in the device, as in it doesn’t sit completely flat. Is this normal? It functions normally otherwise though, so I’m assuming it’s intentional? Just not sure and was wondering.

1 Like

Would need to see an image to be sure, but probably not.

1 Like

I agree with @Pharap! Please include a pic! :slight_smile:

1 Like

1 Like

I was thinking it has an intentional curved design to prevent scuffing on the back…?

Definitely not normal but does look cool from that angle!

CC @bateske

2 Likes

So after the confirmation that it wasn’t normal, I VERY gently “coaxed” it back flat! Probably occurred during shipping. Thanks for the quick responses!!:grinning: @Pharap @crait

2 Likes

Yeah, definitely seems like some big person sat on it. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Whoah! this is super not normal! It looks like it went through some stress during shipping. If you managed to bend it back thats great, if you have any problems with it please let us know with the contact form on the store. Yikes!

3 Likes

Yikes I’m ordering today hope shipping isn’t badly handled!

3 Likes

Out of intest, do you know which company shipped this to you and would you be willing to say what country/are you’re in just in case this happens to other users?

I’m sure it’s a one-off but just in case it turns out there’s a weak link in the supply chain, it would be helpful to refer back to.

1 Like

I bought if off this web site😬 And I’m in aus

1 Like

@Pharap I’m in the US (Nashville, TN) and the package says USPS or US Global Mail. The mailing package seemed fine but the box it was shipped in was crushed a bit. I plan on buying at least two more despite the shipping issue, I’m sure it was just a fluke! Now back to playing more Bangi :grinning::v:️️

3 Likes

My Arduboy was practically a boomerang when I got it. Now it’s flat and works perfectly! This is really a testament to the durability of the device. Just like the NES and Gameboy of yesteryear, this thing can take a beating!

2 Likes

Why would you buy more?

I like to live life dangerously! :grinning:

2 Likes

Lol you should put that on pin