Clears throat Hi everybody, I have been putting a game together for the last few weeks, I would not have been able to get this far without the excellent tutorials and advice available on this forum, so thanks to everyone here!
I feel ready to share my game and would appreciate any advice you may have, I’m sure the code could be a lot neater, better laid out, optimised etc. but as I got deeper into the development I started to rush it out, I need better self control!
Its heavily influenced by an Amsoft classic that I had free with my Amstrad CPC464.
Anyway, let me know what you think, I’d love to hear from you!
I just realised I don’t know how to add a file! lets see…
Thanks for the feedback! I was excited to to get it out, so the line spacing I’ll sort out and the overrun issue. I’m pretty sure there is scope for optimising a lot and that I’ve done similar things in different ways, so I could turn some more things into functions and reuse some code.
As you said, I’ve not done a great deal so far but I’d be interested in the more advanced suggestions you have. Even if it’s just pointers for me to go and read about. (No pun intended).
Thanks for taking the time to have a look, it really is appreciated!
I suggest you add a licence, so people will know what they can do with your code.
Also, it will make it easier for people to add the sketch to the Arduino IDE if you put (only) OhMummy.ino into a subdirectory named OhMummy. This way the user only has to copy or move the OhMummy folder, along with its contents, into the IDE sketchbook folder, without having to worry about all the other files, which are unnecessary to compile the sketch. It also means the user doesn’t have to deal with the -master added to the name of the .zip file when it’s downloaded from GitHub.
I suggest that you additionally add the licence text, or state which licence applies, in a comment section at the top of your source (.ino) file(s). This is particularly true if you take my advice above, to put the source in a separate subfolder, since this will likely cause the source file(s) to be separated from the licence file. The licence will always “follow” the source if it’s included within the source itself.
Hi everyone, I hope you and your loved ones are all well.
It’s been a long time since I’ve done any arduboying but with the release of th FX I thought I better get round to finishing up my Oh Mummy game. I’ve added some music and made it a bit more challenging to complete. I’ve not implemented any of your suggestions for improvements but I’ll bear them in mind when doing the next game (I don’t know what or when that’ll be).
I’m still loving the platform by the way! Keep up the good work.