New to Arduino development, need assistance recovering from mistake

Hello, I just received my Arduboy Developer Kit and was playing around with the Arduino IDE and a walkthrough and believe I may have done something that removed all software from my Arduboy. Like all Arduboys, mine would boot to Arakanoid. Now, it doesn’t light the LED and nothing loads when I flip the power switch. When I plug it in via USB the LED flashes but nothing loads.

What I did was I was testing for a connection via USB between my Mac and the board and opened the Arduino IDE and pressed upload. it uploaded the blank form that is defaulted when opening the application. In my extremely limited knowledge of this (I have literally started out on trying to learn how to code for this) I have no idea what I did to it and how to recover. I would assume I wiped all software from the Arduboy and need to reload it somehow.

I downloaded ArduBreakout from github and tried to upload it to the Arduboy but I receive this error message:

Arduino: 1.6.5 (Mac OS X), Board: “Arduino Leonardo”

ArduBreakout.ino:13:21: fatal error: Arduboy.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
Error compiling.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.

Can anybody assist me on recovering from whatever it is I have done?

You have a program on your Arduboy which does nothing, and it is working perfectly. :wink:

To load games on your Arduboy you will need to be able to compile them, there’s a very helpful thread here which will get you started.

3 Likes

Thank you very much, that did it. I clearly have much to learn.

1 Like