Octopus Game&Watch

later I publish the code

2 Likes

I’d like to suggest Ardupus or Octoboy as potential names should a name change be necessary.

Why do most people want Ardu or boy in game names? Could be just Tentacles or Treasure Guardian, anything really. Even the game name isn’t that much problematic, but the use of Mario and Game and watch name almost verbatim might tickles Nintendo a bit.

3 Likes

Cheesy convention. Anyway if the big N were to go after the game it would be much more likely for the very close design of the sprites to the original display artwork (since the original didn’t have sprites per-se). Realistically I highly doubt they’d even know or bother though.

1 Like

Yes, yes, no code yet but as Roby is agree, i was sure he’ll share it when he’ll be ready :wink:

2 Likes

I posted the source code

5 Likes

Thanks Roby :wink:

2 Likes

Because it’s coooooool :metal:

Also what would attract the attention of the all mighty N it would actually be saying it’s name in a forum. This is how lawyers comb the web to find areas of possible copyright infringement.

All that aside though it looks really awesome. This one’s definitely going in my collection of favorite Arduboy games.

1 Like

Thanks for the game. I like this game for casual playing. Simple, but addictive and interesting. It has a lot of thrill being only possible to go left or right. Nice. Thanks. I remember always Zelda when I think of Game and Watch, by the way. It was such a nice game.

1 Like

Roby i have start to port game for the Meta (I worked on graphics as resolution is different and as i can use colors). I will not spam this post but i’ll send here a post next time when port will be completed.

3 Likes

ok thanks, good job!!!

1 Like

A first version is done.
You can find it here: https://gamebuino.com/fr/creations/octopus
github: https://github.com/Jicehel/Octopus-for-META

4 Likes

Nice job … in colour too!

2 Likes

Looking good! Almost makes me want to get a metal if it wasn’t of the price.

2 Likes

Thanks, nice to read it.

2 Likes

It works great and looks fantastic!

1 Like

Thanks to Roby, the logic is done by him (i’ll just add a random change to add leg1 other move and leg 3 other move). Next Kong II wil have some more works to do i think

2 Likes

nice job!!! it’s great!!!

3 Likes

Excellent work, I had a lot of fun playing this!

Thanks!!!