On Kickstarter help me (build Aracde game)

because i’m from CAPCOM Osaka develop team… (from HK ), i hope can help me to do… many thanks…

2 Likes

Arcade … my english is too bad… sorry

3 Likes

Maybe you can get them to cough up the GBA Megan Collection also :wink:
Or even better an official Arduboy port of Megaman ( try not repeat Mighty No.9 or lose the source code :joy:)

2 Likes

If you actually work for capcom you might be better off contacting @bateske and your management. The Tetris microcard exists so a capcom arcade special edition is feasible.

3 Likes

I like the Darius demo. You’ve been recreating lots of games I like.

I too have been trying to get the “draw a sprite every other frame to make it grey” and man it just doesn’t work well on this screen unless the sprite is really small.

1 Like

If you ask nicely and show a mock-up, there’s a chance the company will grant you the license for a game for free since the system is so limited. I talked to the CEO of a big game company and he OK’d me for porting a very popular IP. I was almost done with the game, but lost my job and the source code was all on my work computer. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Anyway, the point is, I’m not quite sure what those funds would go towards. The asking price is very high while many amazing and high-quality games already exist that either had an incredibly low budget or no budget at all.

3 Likes

I don’t think you’ll get many backers.

Firstly we have plenty of quality games that people have developed in their spare time for free.

Secondly HK$1,000,000 is an absurd amount. It’s £97,759, or US$127,400.70.
In comparison Arduventure was only asking for US$7,500 (about £5,766.37) and only made US$60,375 (about £46,419.32) which is roughly half of what you’ve set as the goal.
Looking at your reward pricing, you seem to be greatly overestimating what people are willing to pay.

And thirdly, you haven’t actually released any of the games that you’ve claimed to have made yet. You’ve shown us screenshots and the occaisional video, but you haven’t even put up a .bin of anything.
When Team ARG did the Arduventure kickstarter they’d already released a large number of games.

I’m sorry if any of that sounds harsh, but I’d rather be brutally honest than pretend there’s no problem.

8 Likes

If you are from CAPCOM Asia (HK) you do not need our money!
No quality software… Upload a completed QUALITY game on github and we can judge from there.

Also I find it a little funny that he posted shots of Sexy Parodius which is a Konami game if I remember right…

3 Likes

Yep its from Konami.
He might be legit but the approach is shady as hell.

Parodius - Konami
Darius - Taito
R-Type - IREM
Bio Hazard (Resident Evil) - Capcom

It’s a bit of a mixed bag

2 Likes

Yes I know. My point was to point out one of them only. I can’t really believe that a current Capcom employee would have no problem doing a Kickstarter for ports of other companies’ game… It’s all so weird. But some of the strangeness might come also from the language barrier. So I don’t want to be too harsh.

2 Likes

Ouch … I use GitHub as a ‘backup’ when moving from my work machine to my home machine. That’s why my repos have 100s of checkins.

Did you lose the job because you were working on this at work?

1 Like

I also think a more obtainable and realistic goal would be a single licenced game…
IREM and Capcom have some history and depending on how the industry works it could be possible to know a group of employees working in rival companies so it’s hard to totally rule out but we are talking about some key titles.
But then back in the early 90’s I could have never imagined Sonic and Mario in the same game so who knows…

Hahaha! No, nothing like that!

Tut tut stationary it gets us all :joy:

ok, i will call CAPCOM on next week , this can do , but i need money to push it, thanks your idea

i push this , i have the reason

konami Parodius is try demo, i show can do on Arduboy , for myself

I am co-developing at capcom, not an employee.