[OUTDATED] Make Your Own Arduboy Game: Part 1 - Setting Up Your Computer

I just wanted to say thank you for this guide which I found very helpful in setting up the Arduino suite to work with the Arduboy.

4 Likes

Hey guys ,I follow the steps but I can’t fine Arduboy in “Examples”…anyone have the same problem like mine

?

@razorsammo you will need to install the Arduboy2 library first for it to show up in the examples.

1 Like

Thank you for a excellent first lesson! Just got my Arduboy today so I’m going through your lessons one by one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This tutorial can be used if i’m going to make an arduboy clone with the arduino pro micro ATmega34u4-au and a ssd1306 display?

:+1: These tutorials are really helpful! Can’t wait for part 10!

"Arduino: 1.8.8 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduboy”

Sketch uses 9468 bytes (33%) of program storage space. Maximum is 28672 bytes.
Global variables use 1240 bytes (48%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1320 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2560 bytes.
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File -> Preferences.
"
this is the error message when i tried uploading code to the arduboy

Can you turn on verbose output as it describes and give us the remainder of the message?

I put @crait entire set of tutorials in one easy to use PDF! Don’t print it out, save the trees! This is for offline mode!

Make Your Own Arduboy Game by Jonathan Holmes.pdf (2.3 MB)

Edit: I’m gonna need to do something about that CSS oi.

2 Likes

Can someone please update these to use the Arduboy2 library?

2 Likes

You are a someone, you have the power.

Yes I am. I cannot edit the postings though!

Also is it Johnathan or Johnathon?

1 Like

Lemme see about what the best way of getting you to edit them is. And thanks for letting me know about the typo in his name, just fixed it.

Just make @filmote a Leader.

Leaders can...
  • Edit all posts
  • Pin/unpin topics
  • Close topics
  • Archive topics
  • Make topics unlisted
  • Split and merge topics
  • Reset a topic’s bump date

They also have 3x the number of daily likes,
and their flags automatically hide a post.

So basically almost everything a moderator can do.
The main differences are that they aren’t staff,
and (I think) can’t see the forum statistics pages.

See also:
https://blog.discourse.org/2018/06/understanding-discourse-trust-levels/

There’s a long list of things that only ‘staff’ can do.

(Frankly I’m surprised he isn’t already a Leader,
given the number of games he’s contributed and the number of people he’s helped.)

1 Like

I’ve got a question. If you don’t have an actual Arduboy to test this game, do you have a copy of an emulator I can use for testing?

Did you consider searching for “emulator” (using the magnifying glass icon at the top right)?

:rotating_light: :rotating_light: :rotating_light: :rotating_light: :rotating_light: :rotating_light: :rotating_light:

NOTICE!!

:rotating_light: :rotating_light: :rotating_light: :rotating_light: :rotating_light: :rotating_light: :rotating_light:

THIS TUTORIAL IS OUT OF DATE! Please check out the UPDATED version, here: Make Your Own Arduboy Game: Part 1 - Setting Up Your Computer