[POLL] Game Jam 2 Vote!

(Celine) #16

If I had a fourth vote i would have voted for Holidate - just cos i think it’s a refreshing choice of game… not the usual action game. Thought Working Holiday was pretty funny, mostly because I can relate :joy:

Thanks everyone for your submissions!

(Pharap) #17

I changed my vote a few times but ended up voting for Chri-Bocchi Cat by @obono, Holidate by @MorganLapis and @SerendipityDoDa, and (ungraciously) for myself.

I voted for Chri-Bocchi Cat because the world needs more cat-oriented games.
(The internet is run by cats after all, and I for one welcome our furry overlords.)

I voted for Holidate because it stands out as something different from the usual games - the Arduboy needs more visual novels and comedic dating sims.

And I voted for myself because I didn’t think many other people would.
Surprisingly I started near the top. But then I gradually slipped down, which is somewhat disappointing, but understandable given how unpolished my game was.

(Erwin) #18

I am voting for easter panic, because programming games are awesome and “hello, commander” because @FManga needs an arduboy and his game is quite polished (but I don’t particularly like those type of games).

1 vote left undecided, who deserves it?

(Scott R) #19

My votes keep changing depending on what side of the bed I get out of.
The one constant is SanSan this game reminds me so much of one of my favourite games of all time “Bubble Bobble” the sprites really have that Taito look and the gameplay is simply fun …it ticks all my boxes.

Something keeps telling me to vote for Holidate for its out of the box thinking but well Frosty just freaks me out. I see this image and it reminds me of those “creepy strangers” mum would warn me about.

What are his intentions?
Does he have motives?
What dark secrets does that smile hide?

Recommended games?

I liked many of them. I voted for the ones that adhere to the holiday theme, had a good look and feel and gave me the most fun playing and excluded my own game as voting on my own game feels unfair to me.

My number one is SanSan then a shared second, for KookyKookies and Santa’s Happy little packer.

(Kevin) #22

The polls have closed! Thank you everyone for your submissions!

1st place: SanSan by @chame
2nd place: Hello, Commander by @FManga
3rd place (tie): Festive Fight by @crait
3rd place (tie): Xmas tree minigame by @Mr.Blinky

Congratulations to the top 4 winners! For your prize you can choose to collect one of 3 choices: Regular Arduboy (now), TetrisMicrocard (now) or Special Edition Black Arduventure (in febuary-ish)

Everyone else is also a winner! Anyone who submitted a game to this game jam can collect one Regular Arduboy!

Please write into contact@arduboy.com with your shipping information and we can send one out to you!

Thanks again to everyone who submitted! The games this time were better than last time I think and that it was done when a lot of people had family for the holidays it’s impressive!

Game Jam 2.0… OUT!

(Erwin) #23

:rofl: really cool!

Congrats to all the winners! Had a lot if fun testing them all.

Thanks @bateske Can I do something to get the tetris microcard instead of a regular one? :joy: :joy: I have too many regular ones. Something like writting a magazine article maybe?

(Vincentius Madya) #24

Finally I can touch my laptop back :stuck_out_tongue:

Congratulation for the winners :slight_smile: So many great games in this Game Jam.

I have lots of fun time while creating it, and I’m happy with the result (although I’m not on the top 3 (or four)). I’ll keep sharing my games in the future with this great community :wink:.

And finally, Merry Christmas to all of you who celebrate it. :santa::christmas_tree:

(OBONO) #25

I voted…

• Sansan
    • High level of perfection.
  • Kooky Kookies
    • Pleasant.
  • Santa’s Happy Little Packer
    • I love a puzzle game like this.

(Fernando Jerez) #26

Congrats to all ‘Jammers’ ans specially the winners:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Fantastic games, better than the last jam!!

Thanks @bateske and Arduboy Team, this jam was fantastic and for me a motivation to develop some new stuff for Arduboy.

I’m improving my Golf game (didn’t get much votes but i love it), soon i’ll publish a better version including some funny ideas that i couldn’t implement in time for the Jam.

Merry Christmas everyone :christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree:

(Fernando Jerez) #27

I voted for:

Chri-Bocchi-cat: As simple as funny. I like how the screen fills with stuff, its…satisfiyng
Kookies-kookies: Love this kind of puzzle games
Santa’s Little packer: I like puzzles and never played something like this one.

(Fernando Jerez) #28

Wow!! I see the cover for the next Arduboy Magazine.:grinning::grinning:

(Scott R) #29

With a line of Arduboys to the left it could represent the issue number 12.

(Chamekan) #30

Thanks to everyone who voted for SanSan.
Perhaps I will update SanSan later until mid-January.
I want to improve enemies’ motion and other.

If I had enough time, this game may become more BubbleBobble-like game.
But it became more generative game.

(Aaron Williams) #31

Holidate by @MorganLapis and @SerendipityDoDa was also on my shortlist! It made me smile and laugh more than any other game in the jam, and has my vote for Best Story / Best Dialogue.

(Aaron Williams) #32

SanSan + Bubble Bobble = yes please!

(Aaron Williams) #33

Hmmm! Regardless of that (very nice) suggestion I should make a ‘1’ with the Game Jam #1 submissions.

(Pharap) #34

I sent my email on the 28th but haven’t received any confirmation so far. Naturally I’m a bit concerned.

I sent an email on the 27th and haven’t received a confirmation either. But I didn’t expect one yet cause I’m assuming they are quite busy.

(Scott R) #36

Don’t panic last time it took a whole month from jam closing and Arduboy arriving and that was without a holiday bang in the middle of it.

Looking online there’s also low to 0 stocks available from resellers.