this is something I’ve been working on for a few days:
To exit a game and get back to the list, click on the power switch on top of the screen.
To edit a game, click on the USB port!
What do you think? Is this of any use to you?
What other features would you like?
Version number meaning:
The version number is made up of 3 parts:
v [reserved] . [debugger] . [compatibility]
So if a release makes changes to the debugger, the second number increases. If the actual core has been modified and game compatibility may have become better (or gotten worse ), then the third number increases. That way you can easily tell what to expect and if a new release is relevant to your interests.
- New Repo list interface
- Initial sound support
- performance increase due to inlined memory access, where possible.
- less verbose console in games that write timer registers often (affects performance).
- repo games’ names appear in the title bar / browser tab
- fixed int16/8 variable watch in the debugger
- fixed reset button
- fixed drag-and-drop in Firefox.
- README.md actually contains an attempt at documenting something.
- gif/hex/zip files now have extensions when saving in Electron
- image converter supports compressed bitmaps
- better timing precision (needed by Sensitive and Ard-Drivin)
- removed the 3-second delay in application startup
- implemented LCD invert command
- fixed auto-reload bug
- performance should be much better on mobiles.
- make the arduboy and buttons unselectable. Was annoying on phone.
- links to valid sourceUrls can be used instead of hex files in the “url” parameter. Example
- faster file switching with the fuzzy finder in IDE (Ctrl+P)
- QRCode generator pointing to last build made in IDE
- RAM tab is commented with global variables automatically
- Mouse-over global variables while a sketch is running to see their values.
- After a successful build, a bar displays flash space usage above the code editor
- GamePad support
- fixed bug in NEG op.
- drag-and-drop image into source editor to convert into C code. Support for PNG transparency.
- Basic file management (new file, rename, delete)
- download source code button
- drag-and-drop zipped source code into editor
- support bitbucket and framagit source hosting
- support direct link to zip and ino files in sourceUrl
- gif recording (Press ‘R’ to start and stop recording)
- all the games work, AFAIK
- “New Game” button in repo screen.
- misc bugfixes in the IDE (sourcecode getting nuked on compile)
- bugfix: SSD1306 command AF had a bug. It acted like a 2-byte command, breaking whatever came afterwards
- major bugfix: 16-bit register opcodes were not setting the Z flag correctly (screen shifted down bug)
- major bugfix: copy+paste mistake… ST Y+ and ST +Y were incrementing the X register. Fixes a whole bunch of games, especially TeamARG’s.
- Debug and step through C++ code, or whatever is left of it after GCC compiles with -Os.
- RAM inspector / editor / debugger. Break after reads/writes to certain addresses.
- Fixed games freezing due to ADIW not setting the carry bit correctly.
- Fixed games bootlooping due to ICALL not storing return address correctly.
- Fixed games crashing due to ASR doing an unsigned shift, instead of signed.
- Direct-to-emulator: skip the repo by adding a file to the url.
- Direct-to-emulator with Arduboy turned off: https://felipemanga.github.io/ProjectABE/?url=null
- keyboard input fixed in MS Edge
- new source pane in Debugger with C/C++ syntax highlighting thanks to Ace.js
- automatically pull source code from master branch if .hex/.arduino is hosted on github
- new Heroku-based compiler service
- added arduboy-related libs to service so games should have all they need
- added Ctrl+Enter shortcut to start build
- autoreset Arduboy when a build is completed and transferred
- made logging a bit less verbose (might have been affecting performance)
- Beginnings of a debugger (Click on the USB port!). Chrome only, for now. CSS is broken in Firefox.
- Added links to games’ source. Click the author’s name. You might need to wait for a repo refresh.
- Tetris Microcard mode. Click on the chip next to the screen. Good for 1945 and Breakout-V.
- Arduboy background changes color whenever the repo cache is updated (every 3 hours).
- No perf/compat changes
- Implemented SSD1306 opcodes 22 and 21. Fixes Gamebuino games (Crabator, Paqman, Invaders…).
- implemented SSD1306 opcodes 00 to 1F. Fixes ZooEscape.
- Implemented At32u4 opcode BRBC. Was crashing Bang! Bang!, maybe others.
- .arduboy file support
- added a makeshift repo for TeamARG games (None are actually playable, yet)
- drag-and-drop your own hex files in the game list screen to play (Chrome only)
- Keyboard support. Arrow keys, A/Z/Ctrl and B/S/X/Alt. Esc goes back to game list.
- Fullscreen support. Press F to toggle. No onscreen controls, you will need a keyboard to play.
- Added @eried’s repo
- Use banners when screenshots are not available
- Repos are refreshed every 3 hours
- Fixed error in screen controller code
- Fixed memory leak