ProjectABE (ArduBoy Emulator) released!

(Felipe Manga) #361

They are already done and will be available on the next release.

(Alex) #362

Great, do you just need to compile or…

(Felipe Manga) #363

I need to finish some features that are half-way done.

(Ignacio Viña) #364

Hi Felipe,
first of all, congrats for the emulator, it’s really fantastic!

I see that you included sound/music support but it’s not working with the PCM mode. Could you implement it? Thanks!

(Felipe Manga) #365

Thanks!

Will do. Would you happen to have a simple hex file I can test on?

(Ignacio Viña) #366

Great!

You can use any sample of my library ArdVoice https://community.arduboy.com/t/ardvoicelib-a-library-to-play-audio-voices-on-the-arduboy/.
Also, I included the PCM mode sound in a proof of concept game called Ardletics https://community.arduboy.com/t/ardletics-athletics-for-arduboy/2377

Please, write me a direct message if you need more info. Thanks!

(Felipe Manga) #367

I’ll give it a look soon. I haven’t done much with audio after the basic implementation because I wasn’t too happy with the quality. Time to take another stab at it.

(Scott) #368

Any word on storing the EEPROM?

(Felipe Manga) #369

I haven’t gotten to it, yet. The refactor I’m doing took priority as it was necessary to make things like this easier to implement. Also, I assumed people wouldn’t be trying to complete long games in the emulator instead of real hardware, so it’d be less important than features like audio.

This month has been really busy and I haven’t been able to progress as much as I’d like.

(Scott) #370

It’s also important for developers wanting to bypass the boot logo, for quicker development, by setting the system EEPROM flag that does this.

(Felipe Manga) #371

That’s true. I’ll try to fit it into the next release.

im having an issue where when i start up the standalone the names of the buttons and the scripts do not show up but the buttons are there and so are the folderization dropdowns of the scripts i paste inside… do you know what could be cause of this issue? v0.7.8

(Felipe Manga) #373

That’s a new one, I’ve never seen that happen before. o_O
What OS are you on?

windows
sorry i didn’t put it earlier

(Holmes) #375

VBA allows you to use filters and I think some of them look just fantastic. This is the xBRZ 6x filter applied.

Here is the original:

I remember playing a bunch of really nice DMG/GBC games with this filter, too. Mainly Pokemon TCG.

(Felipe Manga) #376

Yeah, they look great on games with color. Have you been able to find any filters that work well with 1-bit graphics though? In my testing with screenshots they produced a bunch of artifacts and they didn’t know what to do with dithering. I ended up giving up on that idea.

(Holmes) #377

I do remember this same filter looking pretty good with the Pokemon TCG that uses a lot of 1-bit graphics. I should grab some screenshots to compare.

I think I might have missed it, but is it possible to take a 1:1 screenshot of the Arduboy display only (not an animated gif)?

(Felipe Manga) #379

Pressing P takes a PNG screenshot, but that’s 2:1. I didn’t make a 1:1 option, but you should be able to resize it using nearest neighbor without problems.

Thanks! I discovered it didn’t work in the offline version. But works nicely in browser version. The ratio seems to be 4:1 but that’s no problem. (using irfanview for conversion) This will be very helpful for creating title screens :slight_smile: