Questions for planning FX-oriented games

Hello, I still havent gotten started with trying to code anything on the Arduboy FX yet but after spending quite some time reading through old threads and posts about it I’ve kind of gathered that some hindrance has come from people getting too far into development/using up too much ram to be able to more easily adapt once these things are implemented so I wanted to plan as best I could in advance (and rather than highjack a bunch of old posts lol) I figured I’d just start a thread with any questions myself or others might have (that might not already asked/answered elswhere), then once I get working on an actual FX game I can either just change/move this topic or fork it…

All that being said, I’ve seen the bouncing balls tutorial and once outlining is done I plan on that tutorial being my next step, but bateske said something at the end of that thread which is the main reason for this post (for developing some sort of game ‘engine’ that uses memory for data in a way aside from graphics)…

But before I even get into asking too many questions myself i still have a lot more reading to do, particularly about memory in general (since I’m still not even adequately familiar with the regular arduboy lol) just wanted to start this thread now already anticipating more planning-oriented questions. Thanks!