R.I.P Arduboy

Today truly is a sad day fir my poor Arduboy has slipped its way out of my pocket on a public bus. What’s even worse about this already terrible loss is how close I was to completing Arduventure. Hopefully my helpless little Arduboy makes it to a worthy owner and I guess its time to commit to a massdrop drop and hopefully get a new one for a little cheaper than usual. R.I.P Arduboy

2 Likes

Very sad story. Little lost arduboy. Must find its way home…

I’m feeling a game idea out of this.

2 Likes

Not dead, just gone to another owner. Get on to Massdrop and order yourself another one quickly.

3 Likes

That’s the plan, I’m hopping on there as soon as I get a chance to go to the bank and cash some checks.

Checks or cheques? Wow, in Australia the only time you have a cheque is if the government sends you one … I don’t know anyone who has a cheque book anymore. Its a US thing …

1 Like

Yeah Cheques (we don’t spell it like that here) are super common here. Pretty much for paychecks or larger sums of money so if you have a checking account you have a checkbook.

@James1
Try ringing the bus depot, if honesty isn’t dead then it might turn up in lost and found.

Really?
They’re still fairly common in Britain.

They’re rarely used to buy things in shops though,
usually they’re used for either gifting someone money or sometimes for paying for services.

I’m guessing ‘here’ is America?
As far as I’m aware, all commonwealth countries (e.g. Britain and Australia) call them cheques.

3 Likes

Here is Nevada … I can’t resist pointing this out. Our banking fraud software is riddled with this and I forever have to change the spelling, date formats and the use of the phrases ‘Zip Code’ and ‘Cell Number’.

Cheques died in the '90s … get on to electronic banking.

3 Likes

One step ahead of you. They said nothing has turned up, but I’ll wait a few hours and see if anything changes. Its fine though its not like it was a cellphone or anything of extreme value. Just annoyed I’ll have to restart Arduventure all over again.

2 Likes

I’ve not seen one in at least 15 years I don’t accept them as payment either. The closest I’ve seen is years are bank giros.

1 Like

Aparently 500 million cheques were used in Britain in 2015,
and MPs previously reversed a plan that would have seen cheques scrapped this year.

I’ve definitely seen them in use in the last 5 years.
Maybe they’re used more in rural areas?

3 Likes

Update:
So the bus depot has found the Arduboy and they are holding it there for me to pick it up tomorrow. Looks like I wont have to restart Arduventure after all. lets just hope the front plastic isn’t too scratched up.

5 Likes

If it is scratched, get some watch crystal polish and buff it it out.

1 Like

Excellent news. You probably need a second 'boy anyhow so that you can play quick games and develop on one and have longer term games (Arduventure or Lode Runner :slight_smile: ) on the other.

3 Likes

I have been thinking about buying a second one for quite some time now. Maybe I will :thinking:

1 Like

WOW! This is great news!

1 Like

Yep! My Arduboy has made it home but with some minor scratches and apparently whoever found it decided to give it a try before returning it to the bus depot. Sadly they started a new game under the name of Aiden (guessing they let their kid mess with it) so I lost my progress, but Arduventure is just such a great game that I am willing to have to go back and play through it again no matter how far I was.

4 Likes

That’s a pain.
At least they did actually hand it in.

Maybe the kid figured out how to start a new game before the parent realised they found it?

At least it’s back.

2 Likes