Reference Page for Development

@bateske - here’s the link to the beginnings of what’s I’ve been keeping for my own reference: https://github.com/darrell24015/GameDev/wiki

Nope, no vertical sync pin unfortunately. You could write directly to the OLED, but you’d want an algorithm that managed to do so sequentially… such as rendering 8x8 tiles left to right, top to bottom… the exact same way the buffer itself would be drawn… so you could do it without a buffer (and it wouldn’t be weird)… you could have a “text mode” that had no buffer at all - if you didn’t need to know what characters were already there.

The most complex thing is that the graphics hardware is only addressable in 8 pixel vertical chunks… you have to write a full byte at a time to the OLED… so if you want pixel-level precision you need a buffer to remember what individual pixels are already lit/unlit. If you were happy with say a resolution of 128x8 then you could just code directly against the hardware and not worry about the existing contents (since you were writing all 1s or 0s to all 8 pixels in a given “row”). In that case you wouldn’t need to know the existing content of the screen - until you wanted to do transparency or something, etc.

So, there’s no way to get the text size? I’m trying to make a simple function to center text on the screen, but that requires the current text size, and because I can’t get it I’m forced to ask the user every call to the function. If there isn’t a way to do that, it should probably be added.

@Scum,
I’ve created a new topic to continue discussion of this.