Replacement Battery For Arduboy

I found a place in the US that makes batteries that match the specs of the Arduboy’s battery.

https://www.powerstream.com/thin-lithium-ion.htm
look for this

I bought one to replace mine and I can confirm that it works and fits inside the Arduboy casing.

3 Likes

Isn’t the arduboy battery 180 mAh?

It is. This battery says 200 on the listing. But it is 180. As far as I know, more mAH is never bad anyway. 180mAH is printed on the battery too.

Hah! This is where I bought the first prototype from, it was like $20 bucks when I first got it nice to see the price has gone down, I’m really glad too this would be an option for people who wanted to repair their own unit.

3 Likes

Just for information, I tried ordering one of these from the UK, but the company will not ship via USPS (cheapest shipping option, 13 dollars, more than the actual battery price) due to lithium battery shipping laws and would only ship via more expensive option at 45 dollars!.. cheaper to just get an entire new Arduboy.

1 Like

If you’re having a problem with your Arduboy and it’s battery for some reason please do let us know www.arduboy.com/contact

1 Like

The shipping costs are somewhat justified.

Li-ion batteries are classed as ‘dangerous goods’ because they contain a flammable electrolyte that can combust if heated enough. As an added bonus it’s mixed with a compound that can burn skin and the fire will be more intense if oxygen is present.

The moral of this story is: don’t try to cut into a Li-ion battery, or stick it in a microwave.

1 Like