Replacement front faceplate?

Is there anywhere I might be able to buy a replacement front faceplate? Been trying my dang hardest to take care of my Arduboy (trying not to put anything else in whatever pocket I had it in just to be safe) but had a nickel in the same pocket and didn’t realize, scratched the screen up enough it’s pretty noticeable -_-

Also, I’m sure they’re typically ordered/received pre-assembled so I don’t mind if it costs a bit more for any inconvenience getting it, if possible.

2 Likes

I am sure @bateske can sell you one … it might come with a few spare parts and cost exactly the same as a complete Arduboy.

1 Like

If I could just buy another I would… hell, I’d buy a few if I could. Guess I’ll just have to start puttin pennies in the piggybank :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ve had really good luck with using 3 part novus plastic polishing compound to remove scratches on screen lenses. I think the set I bought was ~$10 and I’ve polished numerous things with it and still have about half of it left. I’d suggest taking the front shell off first before polishing though.

2 Likes

Unfortunately there are no replacement front covers, I’ve been asking the factory to make spares for the longest time but every time they do a production batch. They give me the price and say they can do it, but when I get the next update they say they are finished and can no longer do it. So, very confused on how to actually order spares, it’s been an issue the whole time with my manufacturer.

1 Like

Ah, no worries, coming from manufacturing I can sympathize, for sure. I understand how things like that can happen. Appreciate you having tried in the past though, definitely shows you care about the integrity of your business/product. I certainly don’t mind saving up for another one :slight_smile:

You can use novus scratch remover. I have used it on plastics (only on those without special coatings like the arduboy) and it works wonders.

2 Likes