"Semi-Official" Game List for the Arduboy

(Ross) #19

Yeah, this post was a stop gap solution until we figure out how to best automate and supply the list. Eventually a stub page for games will be found on the www.arduboy.com domain, as well as the community section.

Discourse has a great API that can be used to pull a nice game list from the community’s game section.

(Kevin) #20

As @ekem says this is only for now until we figure out a better way of doing this. We will likley still keep this thread open for users to edit on their own, but we will be running a currated “Arduboy Arcade” from the main page for games that meet some basic guidelines.

These guidelines haven’t been solidified but here is a quick example of what we are thinking:

• Title Screen
  • Gameplay that has some kind of point system, end scenario, or otherwise functional game mechanics
  • Game Over Screen (where applicable)
  • Sound of some kind (this is tenative, a silent game that is otherwise awesome may be accepted but we want to encourage sound use)
  • Source Code is available

For games in the arcade we will also try to police use of the EEPROM memory as much as makes sense. Meaning, we will try to make sure save game data from one game doesn’t wipe out another.

(Scott) #21

Which should continue to be discussed further here.

(Ross) #22

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

(Ross) #23

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

(Holmes) #24

I have been looking around the forums for games and apps to add to my repo. Here’s a list of the ones I’ve found so far.

akkera102 - Tiny Depth*
akkera102 - Tiny 2048*
akkera102 - Tiny Asteroids*
akkera102 - Tiny NS-Tower*
akkera102 - Tiny Sokoban*
akkera102 - TOYOSHIKI Tiny Basic*
Alberto - CrazyKart
arduboyfr - ArduSnake
Atomic - Atomic Puzzle Pack
bateske - Cascade Path: Wagon Train
bateske - Squario: The Ultimate Adventure
blockbird - Wire Screensaver
Botisaurus - Battleships
Brian - Crates 3D
Brian - Mazogs
ccaroon - Sketch-A-Sketch
Dragula96 - Box Stacker
Dragula96 - Chicken Cross
Dragula96 - Snakeling
fanboat - Fanboat
flaki - Chrome Dino
Frrout - Ardusweeper
fuopy - Glove
fuopy - Gamepad
Gaveno - RoboDodge
gnargle - Stellar Impact*
gooberdlx - Arduslide
giangregorioc - Humanity Revenge
Hugus - SnakeArduboy
Jezzamon - TeenyTank
Jezzamon - MicroCheckers
kernel - ArduSketch
KurayamiSenpai - Bounce
MLXXXp - Arduboy gets a Life
MLXXXp - EEPROM Eraser
MLXXXp - Flappy Ball
Mre64 - Battle for Zuthsrah
neilsunw - Sudoku-NBP
olikraus - Little Rook Chess
pixelplatforms - SkateArdDie!
PolygonAndPixel - Space Fighter
Roo - Flappy Halloween
scootmatt - Braindu-Train
Seth - Ardu-man
shdwwzrd - Rayne the Rogue
streetalchemist - Space Knife
Team ARG - Begemmed
Team ARG - Blob Attack
Team ARG - Dice of Fate
Team ARG - Epic Crates of Mass Destruction
Team ARG - Shadow Runner
Team ARG - Trolly Fish
Team ARG - Reverse Mermaid Hockey
Team ARG - Virus LQP-79
veritazz - Fatsche
w3woody - Blocks
Wenceslao_Villanueva - Pang
Wenceslao_Villanueva - Star Honor
Yomogimaru - i4arduboy
Yoshi - NumberMind

Number of applications/games: 60

• Games marked with a star (*) are available to download using my Arduboy Manager

Game suggestions for my arduboy?
All of the arduboy games
(Ross) #25

(Hugus) #26

Hi there,
I recently developped a Snake for Arduboy.
Its a simple version that could easily be extended.
It has been tested with Arduboy 1.0.
Here is the repo :
SnakeArduboy

(Scott) #27

A popular game indeed! We now have this new one plus:
http://community.arduboy.com/t/snakeling-a-snake-clone/150/1

and:
https://codebender.cc/sketch:292546#ArduSnake.ino

(Hugus) #28

Yes it is popular :slight_smile:
I did not manage to install the Snakeling version (I might not have tried very hard ;)) so I implemented another one.
SnakeArduBoy has the advantage to adopt a model-view-controller design that makes it easy to tweak, its a developper oriented version !

(Scott) #29

Did you see my recent post in the Snakeling topic?

(Hugus) #30

Nope I missed it ! Thanks for the info.

(Streetalchemist) #31

Hey all! This is my first post but wanted to say that I just finished Version 1.0 at least of my game Space Knife. I wasn’t sure if it was proper to add it to the list above or if people should review it first. It’s simple right now and has a long way to go, but so far I’ve been absolutely loving the Arduboy system and developing for it!

(Ross) #32

Yep! Feel free to add you game to the list. It’s a community wiki. I’ll also double check that you will have the privileges to actually do the edit. Thanks for adding! (Don’t mind the mess).

(Streetalchemist) #33

Thanks so much! Got it added :slight_smile:

(Lorenzo Coltellacci) #34

New games? Please let us know!

(Bert G Jones) #35

When will ardumon be released? Honestly that was my selling point on the device.

(Ash) #36

From what I gather it only exists as an unreleased tech demo, they stopped development after arduventure came out.

(Kevin) #37

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

How to get my game on this list?

Here is the reference: http://community.arduboy.com/t/arduindy-inspired-by-zx-spectrum-game-sabre-wulf-updated-to-1-00/2640/4

Kevin: It would be great to have an Official list of games, for Arduboy-owners and also for promotional usage... Here we could have some review rankings, eg. the users can vote 1-5 stars on the games and give som comments.

Cheers Jacoste