I am new to this Arduboy stuff and was wondering how to wire the sh1106 screen for Arduino.
The wiring is the same, it just requires a different graphics library.
What is the wiring
The link that I shared indicates the wires that will need to be connected based on their signal name. If you’re still having trouble figuring what is what, you may want to try playing around with some basic blink sketches or something that can teach you about hooking up on a bread board to introduce yourself to electronic prototyping.
There are more step by step instructions on places like the instructibles website I believe.
If it helps, I’d ignore the ‘Port’ labels. The ‘Arduino Pin’ labels are what you want.
Is anyone able to tell me how to wire it in a format like this?
Sorry I am new to this
SH1106 wiring table
|SH1106 display||Pro Micro|
To compile sketches for the display :
- Download and Installl Legacy Arduino IDE
- If you already had installed Arduino IDE, go to sketchbook/libraries folder and delete all Arduboy libraries.
- Install Arduboy Homemade package
- From Tools menu > board > Arduboy versions > Homemade Arduboy
- From Tools menu > based on > Pro Micro 5V Alternate wiring
- From Tools menu > display > SH1106
- From Tools menu > flash select > Pin 0/D2/Rx (Note needs to be selected even if you do not use external flash chip)
Thank you sooo much this is soo helpful