A most people know, the $12 Arduboy System thread ran a bit wild, eventually resulting in the creation of the Homemade category.
The topic was then locked, just over 50 posts before it would have been auto-locked anyway.
However, that means there’s a lot of discussion in that thread that can’t currently be continued.
So the question is, would it be worthwhile for one or more moderators to spend some time trying to extract the old conversations that were either interesting or specifically about Arduboy clones and put them into their own topics so the discussion can potentially continue?
I like to be democratic, so I’ve prepared a poll.
- Yes, but it should be done over time to lessen the impact
- Yes, all in one go so the disruption is over with as quick as possible
- Yes, but people should flag the parts of the topic that they found interesting as a means of manually requesting the extraction
- Yes, but only for posts about clones, ignore any chit-chat
- Yes, other (please comment)
- No, it’s too disruptive
- No, it’s not particularly useful
- No, other (please comment)
You’re all still welcome to express your views with comments.
Having a poll simply helps to get the opinions of people who don’t want to comment, don’t have anything to add or are too busy to comment.
As the jam is currently ongoing, any action would most likely be delayed until after the jam results to prevent coinciding with the rush of activity that happens towards the end of the jam.