Software Wishlist - My Top Ten

Here is my Software Wishlist Top Ten. I realize many of these are not possible, but a guy can dream right? Please comment or discuss any of these or add your own.

1. Wonderswan Emulator
  2. Address Book
  3. Pebble Watch Emulator ( ? )
  4. Translator
  5. Sega Dreamcast VMU Emulator
  6. Notepad
  7. Calculator
  8. Photo Viewer
  9. Dictionary
  10. ebook reader

1 & 3 probably won’t happen. 5 could be possible but it’s novelty would run out quickly.

1 Like

Well, photo viewer or ebook reader could be difficult with such a resolution…

Reading about 6 lines per screen will be annoying if you want to read Lord of the Rings…

1 Like

A photo viewer would only display black and white. You can’t even get grey scale unless you dither.

Storage for photos would be limited, as well. The same goes for other data intensive functions.

You do realise that the Arduboy could only do one function at a time, without hooking up to a computer and uploading a new sketch (unless the sketch handles multiple functions)?

1 Like

I actually made this list ( and the games wishlist ) before I knew much about the spec details lol. I saw the Mega Man demo and my head just started to race! I can’t wait to see what developers come up with though.

Here’s my top 12 list I made during the kickstarter campaign: http://mougino.free.fr/Arduboy/

Gamebooks would actually be a no-go due to memory constraints, but I’m still trying to adapt one for the Gamebuino. Maybe a port of some sort could be done one day…

1 Like