[Solved] Error compiling for my arduboy

complete beginner here. wanted to know why in the world is my computer having an error compiling for my arduboy. I have the selected board right and i plugged my arduboy in (using a phone charger without its head because i cant seem to find how on earth you are sopossed to plug the normal charger into the computer) i tried to upload a simple chrome dino game but i got an error compiling message. I NEED HELP

Can you please post the error message itself?

3 Likes

I’m assuming this isn’t the case, but if your using Linux your user account might not have access to serial read and write. I had this issue and it took some digging to figure it out.

Do you have an error while compiling or while uploading?
Please try to compile only first. then if it does compile, that means that it’s just the upload part that gives you an error.

Also, i know it sounds stupid, but if the problem is the upload, make sure the arduboy is connected and turned ON.
Another thing, if it’s the arduboy with arduventure on it, you have to do something else to make it able to upload another sketch to it. (i think they show how in the extras)

2 Likes

compiling is the problem but i may have figured it out. I never downloaded any librarys for arduboy do you think that is the problem? If so i have no idea which librarys to download do you?

1 Like

I dont even know what linux is lol

2 Likes

Go into arduino -> Sketch -> Include Libraries -> Manage Libraries
Look up arduboy2, install, look up arduboyplaytune, install, look up arduboytones, install.

I dont even know what linux is lol

snickers

3 Likes

oh thank you I will try that. I will tell you if it works this might be it!!!:upside_down_face: XD

THANK YOU IT WORKED!!! (just how do you mark as solved?)

1 Like

Edit you post by clicking the pencil

k got it :slight_smile: (gxfughudhuzgkh (i needed at least 20 characters)

1 Like