[Solved] Sketch upload problem under manjaro linux!

(Daniel Champagne) #1

Someone managed to download a code on arduboy with manjaro linux without scrambling the arduboy?:sweat_smile:

Arduino:1.8.5 (Linux), Carte : “Arduino Leonardo”

Le croquis utilise 14904 octets (51%) de l’espace de stockage de programmes. Le maximum est de 28672 octets.
Les variables globales utilisent 1422 octets (55%) de mémoire dynamique, ce qui laisse 1138 octets pour les variables locales. Le maximum est de 2560 octets.

avrdude: error: programmer did not respond to command: set addr
avrdude: butterfly_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: error: programmer did not respond to command: write block
***failed;
***failed;
***failed;

***failed;
***failed;
***failed;

avrdude: Error: butterfly programmer uses avr_write_page() but does not
provide a cmd() method.
*** page 127 (addresses 0x0000 - 0x007f) failed to write

***failed;
***failed;

***failed;
***failed;
***failed;

provide a cmd() method.
*** page 127 (addresses 0x0080 - 0x00ff) failed to write
***failed;
***failed;

***failed;
***failed;
provide a cmd() method.
*** page 55 (addresses 0x39b8 - 0x3a37) failed to write

avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0082
0xb0 != 0x9c
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

0 Likes

(Simon) #2

Is that a question or a statement?

1 Like

(Miloslav Číž) #3

Details please :slight_smile:

1 Like

(Daniel Champagne) #4

A question. Can’t upload sketches on my arduboy with manjaro!
I used the following command but still nothing.

sudo gpasswd -a $USER uucp
and
sudo gpasswd -a $USER lock

the strangest thing is that it works well with Arduino uno or arduino nano!

0 Likes

Might have more luck over here? :man_shrugging:

Somewhere to start at least…

1 Like

It’s also important to know in what state Arduboy is in. Is it on? What is running on Arduboy? For instance if Arduventure was on Arduboy. It won’t be detected normally. You have to put it in bootloader mode.

2 Likes

(Daniel Champagne) #7

Thank you for your advice! But my problem is with Manjaro because with Ubuntu everything works!
By the way when I try to program with manjaro the arduboy freezes and I must absolutely reprogram it with ubuntu and push on reset button to succeed!

0 Likes

Look carefully if there is anything different from what you did with Ubuntu. Do you run Ubuntu on the same machine? Do you use the same USB port/cable? What board have you selected in Arduino IDE? What release version of Manjaro do you use?

Looking at the errors again It looks like it fails on writes but it is able to read(verify). I’d wonder if the right board (or programmer) is selected or if there is a power issue with the USB port or cable.

The best way for us to help you is if you give as much detail as possible and while going over them maybe you see or realise what is wrong yourself. There’s also an option in the Arduino IDE to show verbose output during upload check it and more details are given during upload.

1 Like

(Daniel Champagne) #9

Thank you very much for the help! I finally decided to reinstall Ubuntu. In this way, everything works well. :wink:
it is clear that there is a problem with arduboy and manjaro. Many forums talk about it!

for my part, file closed! Thanks!

2 Likes

(Daniel Champagne) #10

:face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:The solution to the problem of programming the arduboy on manjaro is to manually remove the “modemmanager” package that interferes with the arduino ide port. :face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

(Scott) #11

You can also just disable Modem Manager, rather that removing the package.

sudo systemctl disable ModemManager.service

1 Like