Some info 'cause I'm [still learning]

Hey @curly … you have been quiet lately. Godd to see you back online!

1 Like

You probably need two of them and connect them to together. There’s not enough space on one to mount the Pro Micro, display and all the buttons

1 Like

Another question: do you think i can fit all in a double sided PCB 4x6 cm? I want to make a really small one.

Free stuff!

3 Likes

Let’s the game start!
I need a tip: can i start without the battery charge board? They are not arrived yet.

Yes you can. Just use USB to power it. Don’t use the lipo yet unless you can charge it externally

1 Like

If you plan to mount the Pro Micro clone in a socket/headers (or breadboard), I suggest you solder longer header strips to it, with extra pins for the Arduino pins used by the Arduboy that aren’t brought out, extended past the end of the board. This way you can solder wires directly from the processor chip to these extra pins to connect them to a larger socket, header strips or breadboard.

For an example of this, see the photo of my SAMD21 based prototype (with 3 extra pins on each header strip). I haven’t yet connected any of the extra pins, but they’re there for future use. (Note that I mounted the headers through the top and soldered from the bottom, to give me larger pins on the top for probing or attaching test clips to. You don’t have to do this if you don’t want to. You can solder the headers in the normal way, on the bottom.)

2 Likes

Like this?

By the way, after i connect all what i have to do? Only upload a .arduboy file or sone other file by the uploder?

Yes, with a small amount of solder on each pin from the bottom.

1 Like

When you are planning to solder the headers as @MLXXXp suggested and want to break out the missing pins, I recommend to solder wires to those pins first otherwise they will become less accessible.

uploading a .arduboy or .hex file with an uploader will be easiest to get started.

2 Likes

Dirty job as ever. Sorry…

1 Like

IMG_20181115_165443
Seems i make something wrong…

IMG_20181115_165451
One red led flashes during the process but not appear the animation of the transfert of the file.

I have to install arduino ide before?

Check device manager and see if you can see an Arduino Leonardo device under ports

I wouldn’t be surprised if your Pro Micro has a Micro bootloader instead of Leonardo in which case you better use the Arduino IDE or my python uploader script

2 Likes

Holy cow, it work!!! I dont know how i manage to start it! xD

A big thank to all you guys for helping me!

7 Likes

IMG-20181129-WA0002
Finilly the last pieces has arrived!
See you in the next topic with the complete one!

I’m late to the party on this one too, but bump for Arduboy Memes.

Nice work, excpiting to see the progress look at that rats nest of wires! I also maliciously edited the title of your post. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Man, soldering wires is hard!

Use smaller wire.

I use 30awg ‘wire wrapping’ solid core wire for stuff like this, and it is pretty easy to solder.

3 Likes

Same here. Here’s a board that I did many, many years ago:

7 Likes

2 Likes

“Welcome to Birmingham”

See also, “Magic Roundabout, Swindon”:

3 Likes