Space Cab V1.0.1

(Simon) #31

Edge? That could be your problem :slight_smile:

The link you say is broken works fine for me (Firefox) but I have updated the links to point to the ‘distributable’ directory as this will always have the latest version of code in it whereas release directories will change each time.

I can’t connect to felipemanga.github.io/ProjectABE OR GitHub(altogether)
My iPad did have the emulator pulled up, but the arduboy image was missing
So I am pressing certain locations of the black-greyish background to play it…
Crashed all my cars and killed half a dozen passengers… lol.
Wonderful game.
@filmote I would call it a PROPER flight control.:+1::+1::+1:
@Vampirics saying there is no graphics… being too modest a guy?
I do was wondering what a text based game from filmote would look like… (I mean, I already released mine, but I don’t know what Filmote will make.)

Reminds me of the “quote” from Intel (for their Edison processor):

What will you make?

Will get the game download in the next internet time session.

(Stephane C) #33

That was my old high score. 663 now on the final level.

I hope you guys like the game as much as we liked working on it.

(Pharap) #34

The same line fade technique is used on @Vampirics’s LoveRush,
which is what I originally wrote it for (though that uses a non-class-ified version).

Given your interest, I’ve uploaded the effects to a GitHub repo:

@filmote I think the problem could be that you’ve deleted the V1.0 tag so it no longer has the .hex attached.
(Technically it’s not completely deleted, you’d have to do some git command line stuff to delete it properly.)

I lookef into whether there’s a way to get it to point to SpaceCab.hex from the latest release, but haven’t found a url that works.

It was a joke.

(Simon) #35

I updated the links to point to a folder that is not affected by versions. Is this still a problem or did I get all the links?

(Pharap) #36

I meant as an explanation for why it might not have been working at the time.

(Simon) #37

Ah good … it’s all working now!

(Simon) #38

Has anyone beat Stephane’s 663?

(Stephane C) #39

Good luck with that! :wink:

(Simon) #40

I can easily get 63 … the other 600 I am struggling with!

I’ve only made it to the pirate cove stage. Took me a few plays to realize the landing gear was a toggle and not a hold to use.

(Stephane C) #42

Keep trying. I really got better and better at it… Well designing and testing the levels helped a little… :wink:

It might of taken me a few tries to get past the start screen :coffin:

It’s ok it’s not nearly as hard as lode runner.

(Simon) #44

I am pretty good at squashing the customer on the front screen.

I wonder if it should be a ‘hold to use’ model?

No.
Because then you will have to hold the button when picking up costomers.
The landing gear should never automatically retract and should be manually toggled. Penalty was a slower flight or a higher uel use.
I didn’t even pass 100…due to landing gear.

You can only refuel once??? :open_mouth:

(Simon) #46

That’s an interesting idea. We wanted it to retract so the player cannot simply fly around with it down … but if they were penalised with fuel then it makes sense.

The levels allow for multiple fuel tanks however I don’t think @Vampirics has used more than one per level. If you were penalised for flying with the landing gear down then we may need to add more per level.

(Stephane C) #47

And here you go…

New highscore set on the last level. That one sure is hard. Practice makes perfect! Getting there! Competition is welcome!

Still stuck at the pirate cove around ~346

(Stephane C) #49

Are you playing the game on a Arduboy or in projectABE? As much as I like that emulator, I just can’t get far in Space Cab if played on an emulator.

(Stephane C) #50

I was thinking about making it possible to explode on the title screen just to show that you do need to press a button to deploy the landing gear… But also thought that maybe some people would think the game is too hard…