A game similar to [Stellar Impact] (Stellar Impact - A Space Shoot 'Em Up!) but not as finished and nice as Stellar Impact.
You are out in space, flying in your beautiful, handcrafted spaceship but there are adversarial ships coming at you! Shoot them for points or avoid them while they fly away. Your bullets are limited and you have less lives than a cat!
The source can be found on Github. You need to have a systemwide installation of the Arduboy library in order to compile this. See this page for instructions.
If you are looking for a good example to start developing your own game, it might be better to look elsewhere for now.
Get the code by entering:
git clone https://github.com/PolygonAndPixel/SpaceFighter
This game has not been tested with the developer kit. A lot of memory is used.
In order to upload a new sketch, press the left button and the up button while
switching the arduboy on or else the upload will most likely fail.
This game is still in development and there are a lot of bugs and missing features
(see below). I am going to tackle the bugs first if feasible and then add features.
- Explosions might occur when starting a new game
- Collisions are calculated very poorly
- Ships only have limited movements
- Only one kind of bullet is available
- There are no upgrades for the ship
- There are no levels or at least alternations of enemies. They just spawn randomly
- There are no boss battles
- There are no different backgrounds
- There is no sound (but there actually is no sound in space. I suppose it still counts as a missing feature)
- The pace of the game needs calibration
- After a while you can spam bullets at your enemies if you survive long enough
- The player has no feedback when he is invincible (you just don’t know, you can’t be hit)
- The player could need lifepoints, so he/she doesn’t loose all the upgrades after one hit
- Increased the player’s speed.
- Added movements to the enemies.
- Altered the shooting mechanics for the player.
- Changed compatibility to Arduboy 1.1
- Changed compatibility to Arduboy2 (v4.0.2)
- Enemies now have lifepoints
- Changed speed of player’s bullets
- Some bugs with explosions should not occur anymore
- Fixed a bug with falsely drawn explosions
- Fixed a bug where bullets disappear
- Fixed a bug where the player couldn’t shoot anymore after a while
- Added supplies that are dropped by ships (look out for little crosses)
- Supplies can
- increase the score
- increase your speed
- increase the speed of your bullets
- change the way you fire (double bullets, diagonal, etc. 5 different ways to shoot now)
- give you an extra life
- make you invincible for a short time
- decrease the cooldown for firing
- increase the maximum amount of bullets you can have at once
- Added two more enemies
- Enemies now can shoot two bullets in diagonal
- Calibrated the pace of the game a bit
- Calibrated enemies (speed, lifepoints, number of bullets)
- Player now has lifepoints and can survive several hits depending on the enemy
- Added a boss battle every time the player gains 100 points
- The enemies’ lifepoints scale with the player’s score
- The player can shoot slightly faster from the beginning
- Saved some memory by removing certain variables
- Added a lifebar for the player since he/she now can get hit multiple times (depending on the enemy)
- Added a highscore for the player