Star Honor - A Space Roguelike Adventure

(Boti Kis) #21

I’ve just installed it without any issues. I love it, my favorite game. This has so many potential, i wish the arduboy could have more flash…

(Wenceslao Villanueva Jr ) #22

You installed from the GitHub in the original description? (Just trying to get it working for everyone)

I’m glad you liked it! Like I said in the original post, I had a lot of plans but ultimately I had to distill the experience down to the core. There’s a lot of power in constraints for you design and the Arduboy is amazing for that. With a little more space I could add AI Ships, Deeper “loot” and equipment system, etc. You can see remnants of stuff like that in the code.

I’m going to be cleaning up the code base soon (Working a lot right now) but I checked it in like that just to show people and to have a branch preserved incase I ever revisit those aspects. Thanks for playing!

(Boti Kis) #23

You installed from the GitHub in the original description? (Just trying to get it working for everyone)

Yes i did, arduino IDE in OSX. didn’t need to change anything.

In file included from /home/ramonml/Arduino/StarHonor/StarHonor.ino:4:0:
sketch/ArduboyCustom.h:5:24: fatal error: ab_printer.h: No such file or directory
#include “ab_printer.h”
^
compilation terminated.
exit status 1
Error compilación en tarjeta Arduino Leonardo.

(Wenceslao Villanueva Jr ) #25

Did you grab latest? In the GitHub that line is commented out.

(Boti Kis) #26

That was so close…

(Josh Goebel) #27

You might want to check my https://github.com/yyyc514/img2ard tool. I wrote this long ago to accomplish the same thing (converting RAM pngs into bit-level Arduboy assets). It also does some complex stuff such as generate interlaces sprites with embedded transparency that can be used with the pure assembly sprite rendering in my Arduboy Extra library.

There is no faster way to get a transparent sprite onto the screen that this code. :slight_smile:

When you need the speed you need it… when you don’t you might never notice how slow all the existing rendering methods are. :slight_smile: Many people have no idea what the Arduboy hardware is TRULY capable of.

Oh it’s possible to use the core library (without modifying it) and still remove most of the bloat… you just start by calling boot() not begin() and then add back exactly what you want - and most of the fat gets trimmed automatically by the compiler.

(Wenceslao Villanueva Jr ) #28

YES! That’s so cool to see someone else beat it. Congrats!

(Sebastian Perez Galarza) #29

what music? in my unit sound mute

(Scott) #30

The background music added to the demo video, not in the game itself.

(B Alan Eisen) #31

Many of us have no idea what you are talking about. We need a programming manual for the Arduboy, not the Arduino.

(Sebastian Perez Galarza) #32

did you unzip? because u must unzip the master folder to use it… (feed us with results) XD

Yes, I did it.

Post must be at least 20 characters. WHY!?

(Kevin) #34

I freaking love this game.

(Sebastian Perez Galarza) #35

We need more people making games. do not let him pass just like other consoles, the hard part is already done. it is time to revive the rest of the project. while I think I saw one of your ad hiring people or looking for programmers, they’ll take that. people we hire a catalog of at least 10 great games. I also love STAR HONOR. and some more, but if we fail to excite more people and have more games, will run the same fate as all the gadgets, and deeply believe that would be a mistake.
may the force be with you oh! arduboy creator
virtually no activity on the page. this can not happen. we are not gamebuino (joke)

(Eli David Morgan) #36

my screen keeps scrolling at the main menu, its all pixilated

I liked the game and would like to see more like this. I see hints of a sequel in the ending. Only thing is that I found it too easy. Beat it on my first try.

(Carlos) #38

Tried to play it, compiles but display is not working properly, unplayable :frowning: As described by Eli_David_Morgan

Tested on Mac OS X El Capitan and Arduino 1.6.12.

(Carlos) #39

Self update: downgrading in boards to 1.6.9 worked perfectly.

I am unable to compile and this is my error message. I have also cross-posted this as Github project issue (https://github.com/wvillanueva/StarHonor/issues/5). Any help would be appreciated!

Arduino: 1.6.4 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino Leonardo"

Ship.cpp: In member function 'SystemTarget Ship::TakeDamage(int, SystemTarget)':
Ship.cpp:66: error: 'SystemTarget' is not a class or namespace
     case SystemTarget::Crew:
          ^
Ship.cpp:70: error: 'SystemTarget' is not a class or namespace
     case SystemTarget::Hull:
          ^
Ship.cpp:73: error: 'SystemTarget' is not a class or namespace
     case SystemTarget::Weapons:
          ^
Ship.cpp:77: error: 'SystemTarget' is not a class or namespace
     case SystemTarget::Engines:
          ^