Starduino bricked [SOLVED]

[UPDATE] So I was able to fix it. Turns out I didn’t have the right board selected in Ardunio. Lesson learned

So I just got my arduboy and was testing out different games using the manager.
I uploaded Starduino and now it won’t let me upload anything else. The arduboy turns on just fine and charges but my computer won’t recognize it when it’s plugged in. Flashlight mode doesn’t seem to be on the device when Starduino is on it. I’ve tried the rest button and gotten my computer to recognize it for a few seconds, but there is always a problem when transferring a new sketch to the device. I’ve been using Ardunio to try and upload an example sketch on the device but not luck. Here is the error message. I heard the timing is a real pain but can’t seem to get it down. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Sketch uses 1910 bytes (5%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 188 bytes (9%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1860 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x3f
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x3f
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x3f
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x3f
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x3f
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x3f
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x3f
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x3f
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x3f
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x3f
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

Using the reset button you have to time it right or it will time out before the computer is ready to actually send the firmware. I usually start the compilation and wait till it finished compiling and just starts trying to program the arduboy (when it first says attempt 1 of 10 …). Then hurry up and hit the reset button and within a few seconds the arduboy should enumerate over usb and begin flashing the firmware. It may take a few tries to get the timing right and be careful not to push the reset button too hard but you should be able to get it to flash after a few tries.