#Update: Release!
Stellar Impact is now complete! Here’s a feature list:

• 3 different enemies and a boss
  • Regular shooting and a bomb that stops time for everything but you
  • EEPROM high score saving
  • Mutable sounds and LED flashes
  • Beautiful procedurally generated starfields
  • Pausing!

It should also be free of any major bugs. Please comment here or on the github if you discover anything strange. One I am aware of is muting the sound messes with the red and blue LEDs. This is caused by a bug in the arduboy library and, from what I can see, should be fixed in version 1.2 of the library, whenever that gets released to the arduino library section.

Stellar Impact

Hey everyone! Presenting my first game for the arduboy: Stellar Impact!

Description

It’s a simple shmup, but it has lots of stuff I think is pretty neat, like procgen starfields, a bomb that freezes time, a nice title screen, eeprom saving and more.

Download

It’s available on Github. It is also optionally available on itch.io with a $2 recommended price. The game is still free if you download it through github, and the itch.io release will always be up-to-date as it grabs the zip direct from Github.

Enjoy!

##Video

Eried's Unofficial Repo :)
"Semi-Official" Game List for the Arduboy
Space Fighter - a space shooter
[Release] Standardised Pause Function for Arduboy
[OLD] Arduboy Manager
Eried's Unofficial Repo :)

looks great
good work!

(Nick) #3

I keep receiving this error message at the compiling stage. Unable to upload to my Arduboy atm.

Arduino: 1.6.5 (Windows 7), Board: “Arduino Leonardo”

Build options changed, rebuilding all

Using library EEPROM in folder: C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\EEPROM

Using library Arduboy in folder: C:\Users\Simulator\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduboy

C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10605 -DARDUINO_AVR_LEONARDO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_VID=0x2341 -DUSB_PID=0x8036 -DUSB_MANUFACTURER=“Unknown” -DUSB_PRODUCT=“Arduino Leonardo” -IC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\leonardo -IC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\EEPROM -IC:\Users\Simulator\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduboy\src C:\Users\SIMULA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build6604194890325779483.tmp\Stellar_Impact.cpp -o C:\Users\SIMULA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build6604194890325779483.tmp\Stellar_Impact.cpp.o

In file included from C:\Users\Simulator\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduboy\src/Arduboy.h:4:0,
from Stellar_Impact.ino:3:
C:\Users\Simulator\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduboy\src/core/core.h:5:17: fatal error: SPI.h: No such file or directory
#include <SPI.h>
^
compilation terminated.
Error compiling.

Any suggestions on how to flash this? It looks like a library issue to me but I am new to this and am unsure. I get the same error when I try to upload ArduBreakout or other example games included in the library; It is 1.1.0 I believe. I love the idea of a shoot em up on this little device.

Hmm, odd one. It looks like your IDE can’t locate the file ‘SPI.h,’ which is used by the arduboy library but is a core part of the arduino IDE. Are you using the latest version of the IDE?
I have run into this error on occasions when I’ve been flashing too much. Normally restarting the IDE fixes it.

(Scott) #5

IDE version 1.6.5 is rather old. I’d try upgrading to the latest 1.6.8

(Nick) #6

Updated IDE to 1.6.8 did it, thanks for the help. Love this game, I would love to learn how to code a shoot em up myself for this platform.

i suprised dot image of 1st big boss.
nice art!

(B Alan Eisen) #8

You are not the only one! I need to know how to draw and input graphics, what commands are supported, how to compile all the components of a program into a stand alone game.

(Cody) #9

Great work can’t wait till my arduboy arrives!

Hi! I love your game, very refined and fun. I have a problem though: the highscore is stuck at 10 and it never changes, I saw in the code that that’s the default value but I can’t see where the problem is, did you notice a problem like that before? I downloaded the code at github. Thanks for your reply!

The high score system was actually rewritten by another user on Github, so I’m unfortunately not the person to ask wrt your issue. You can try and track him down, or you can use this build instead which uses my older high score saving system.

Yes! With this build now I can see the highscore, finally! Thank you very much. You should track down the faulting build in some way, it’s a shame to have a non functional version out there.