Stuck on the same game

(Preston Stanley) #1

Yesterday I uploaded several different games to my arduboy including You Wont Survive, Teeny Tank, Space Knife, etc. and they all worked fine. Then I uploaded Helii to my system and now I cannot change games. Helii works fine, but when I try to upload a new game the system resets like normal, but helii boots up again. I’ve tried multiple games, resetting the Device, reinstalling arduino, and checking that the my board and port are on the right setting.

Here’s the error message I get when trying to upload the example software Tunes:

Arduino: 1.8.1 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduboy”

Sketch uses 13024 bytes (45%) of program storage space. Maximum is 28672 bytes.
Global variables use 1258 bytes (49%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1302 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2560 bytes.
processing.app.debug.RunnerException
at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:160)
at cc.arduino.UploaderUtils.upload(UploaderUtils.java:78)
at processing.app.SketchController.upload(SketchController.java:709)
at processing.app.SketchController.exportApplet(SketchController.java:682)
at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2190)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: processing.app.SerialException: Error touching serial port ‘COM4’.
at processing.app.Serial.touchForCDCReset(Serial.java:87)
at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:144)
… 5 more
Caused by: jssc.SerialPortException: Port name - COM4; Method name - openPort(); Exception type - Port busy.
at jssc.SerialPort.openPort(SerialPort.java:164)
at processing.app.Serial.touchForCDCReset(Serial.java:81)
… 6 more
An error occurred while uploading the sketch
Exception in thread “Thread-75” java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
at java.util.LinkedList$LLSpliterator.forEachRemaining(LinkedList.java:1239)
at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:481)
at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:471)
at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:151)
at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:174)
at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234)
at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.forEach(ReferencePipeline.java:418)
at cc.arduino.contributions.libraries.LibrariesIndexer.rescanLibraries(LibrariesIndexer.java:127)
at cc.arduino.contributions.libraries.LibrariesIndexer.setLibrariesFolders(LibrariesIndexer.java:106)
at processing.app.BaseNoGui.onBoardOrPortChange(BaseNoGui.java:665)
at processing.app.Base.onBoardOrPortChange(Base.java:1295)
at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2220)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

(spinal) #2

you can either, hold ‘up’ when powering on the arduboy, which will put it into ‘flashlight’ mode, that will probably make it upload. Or you can leave the arduboy switched off until the arduino software says 'Linking everything together…" when compiling, that usually works, or you can use the reset button (to the left of the usb socket on the arduboy) with a paperclip at around the same time.
One of those methods should get you there.