TI-Basic Programming

Recently I started entertaining myself with the TI-Basic they(Ti) are offering, since my other programs are at home (and I need to get them). That’s made better when there are these expensive(and good) calculators just hanging around here for the wrong reasons.
It also give me something to do during evening study (when I am not supposed to have a laptop unknown to my academic dean)

TI-Basic Programming

http://education.ti.com/html/webhelp/EG_TI84PlusCE/EN/content/eg_splash_page/ti-progguide_ce.HTML
It’s for the Ti-84 Colored Edition but most of them work for Ti-84 Plus / Ti-83 as well.

In case one may wonder why is that all about, I might be able to write some programs that … nevermind.
You don’t have much of a hardware control, however. So no “stripping away calculator and make it arduboy” thing.
Plus, it’s just too expensive to be a arduboy clone anyway.
@Mr.Blinky ?

(Simon) #2

As far as calculators go, these are the duck’s nuts.

(Pharap) #3

It might be possible to write a CHIP-8 virtual machine for it:

Disp "X CODE"
Disp "ROSHAMBO"
Disp "TYPE 0,1,2 FOR ROCK,PAPER AND SCISSOR"
While 1
  Disp "CHOICE"
  Prompt C
  randInt(0,3)→A
  If A=3
  Then
    If C=1
      Disp "YOU WIN"
    If C=2
      Disp "YOU LOSE"
  End
  If A=2
  Then
    If C=1
      Disp "YOU LOSE"
    If C=3
      Disp "YOU WIN"
  End
  If A=1
  Then
    If C=3
      Disp "YOU LOSE"
    If C=2
      Disp "YOU WIN"
  End
  If A=C
    Disp "DRAW"
  Disp "Continue? 0/1"
  Prompt C
  If C=0
    Stop
  End
End

Someone with a load of time might wanna type this into the calculator for me. Didn’t have time to check.
I wrote this in Ti Connect™ CE but can’t upload it to the calculator of mine.
Plus, I am very busy right now. I just took a 2 minute break and typed that up.

I thought about that, but there is no way to bring a .hex or .arduboy file onto it anyway.

Sounds good, though.

(Erwin) #5

You need to throw that TI away, and only use HP calculators :stuck_out_tongue:

(Pharap) #6

You wouldn’t need a .hex or .arduboy file.

Chip8 is a system that runs on bytecode, it can work on any system that has ~4KB of spare ROM.

Having a file system would make it easier to save an load games,
but it can be done without a file system if you embed the game into the program.

What language is that? Pascal?

(Erwin) #7

Something like that, mixed with some Python. They call it HPPPL

I won’t throw THAT away unless its ROM chip died on me.
It’s costly, after all.
AND, I had games on it.

It’s just that they

I just wanted someone to check whether I typed that correctly, because I wasn’t having that 3 hours needed to type that into the calculator.

Matter of the fact, I am not really planning on writing a big game for it. I got enough to do with Windows Desktop and Arduboy.