Totally lost, can I get some help?

(Ben Koncewicz) #1

I got an arduboy from massdrop and have been trying to figure it out. I cannot get a game to load. I always get an error. I’ve followed the quick guide, watched a few tortuals, and cant figure out what I’ve done wrong. Do I need to delete the game that’s on there? if anyone can point me in the dumb persons guide, I’d appreciate it.

sickboy

(Celine) #2

Hi @sickboy, what is the error you get? If it is from the Arduino IDE, it would be useful to copy and paste the error code here. :slight_smile:

(Mike McRoberts) #3

Read the Quick Start Guide and make sure you follow every step carefully. I can pretty much guarantee you have skipped over a step or two. As Celine has already said, please post your error message so we can ascertain the exact problem. Thanks.

http://community.arduboy.com/t/quick-start-guide/2790

(Phil Graham) #4

The game the Arduboy came with will automatically delete when you install a new game.

(Ben Koncewicz) #5

here is my error message:
Arduino: 1.8.1 (Windows 7), Board: “Arduino Leonardo”

In file included from C:\Users\ben\Documents\Arduino\ID-40-VIRUS-LQP-79-1.3\VLQP_AB\VLQP_AB.ino:17:0:

sketch\globals.h:5:26: fatal error: ArduboyTones.h: No such file or directory

#include <ArduboyTones.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Leonardo.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

(Ben Koncewicz) #6

Thanks for the help, guys!

sickboy

(Scott) #7

Did you follow step 2 in the Quick Start Guide, where it says to install all the libraries, including ArduboyTones?

(Mike McRoberts) #8

As expected, you have NOT followed ALL of the steps in the guide. hence the error message. Go through it again carefully, please.

(Kevin) #9

@sickboy this is the file you seem to be missing. It can be a little tricky to make sure you have all the libraries installed the first time. You might also try the Arduboy Manager by @crait as an alternative way to get games onto the Arduboy.

Let us know how it goes, we’re here to help!

(Ben Koncewicz) #10

OK! Looks like I’m in business! Thanks for the help!

sickboy

(Mike McRoberts) #11

Good news. Enjoy your Arduboy !

(Ben Koncewicz) #12

I had the library files in the wrong place!

(Larry Leal) #13

will there be a version of this for MAC soon? I feel like i water my money.I keep getting this message Arduino: 1.8.2 (Mac OS X), Board: “Arduino Leonardo”

/Users/larryleal/Desktop/SpaceKnife/SpaceKnife.ino:6:21: fatal error: Arduboy.h: No such file or directory
#include “Arduboy.h”
^
compilation terminated.
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Leonardo.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

(Kevin) #14

@Larry_Leal Working on a mac version!

But in the mean time if you check the quick start guide it looks like you’ll need to do the part that has you install all of the arduboy libraries.

(Scott) #15

Don’t put your sketches on your desktop. Follow the Adding programs guide and put your sketches in your Sketchbook (usually named Arduino) folder.

And, as @bateske said, and as has already been mentioned previously in this topic, follow Step 2 in the Quick Start Guide and install all the Arduboy related libraries.