Trouble uploading HEX [Solved]

By pin you mean, fuse, I think.

@Nicole_Birgel let me know whats up I can help you via the contact form if you like.

1 Like

Thank you. I somehow doubt, that both arduboys are faulty, they load all other games without any problems…

Wait, so the problem is you are unable to flash the Turtle Bridge hex onto ANY Arduboy regardless of what is already installed on it?

Yes, i only didn‘t try the black arduboy yet.

So, you can swap other games out on these Arduboy, switch from circuit dude to chicken launcher for example, but you can’t go from chicken launcher to Turtle Bridge?

This might sound weird but have you tried re-downloading the hex? It’s maybe possible the hex file was corrupted when you downloaded it?

I was able to get it to work on the first try with the Arduboy manager.

1 Like

That’s really strange. Yes. I did download it 4 times with two different browsers (edge and firefox).

… Do you by any chance have more than one Arduboy connected at one time? (I don’t actually suspect this)

Can you try Erwins Uploader?

Are you familiar with using avrdude from the command line?

Just to confirm, do both the green and yellow LED flash on or do they stay on? If they STAY on, something is being sent… :confused:

Can you record a video?

1 Like

No, i don’t have both connected at the same time.
No, Erwins uploader doesn’t work for me.
I can try make a video later on, if i find some time. Thanks!

Can you try and use Arduino to compile and flash it that way?

And turn on verbose mode for the upload?

Pretty please!

Also, what operating system are you on? And maybe just for good measure to go ahead and uninstall the Arduino driver and reinstall it?

I’m sorry you’re having these problem but thanks for helping to troubleshoot it.

1 Like

Will see, what i can do later, have a lot of work to do.
If i can’t upload only one game, it’s not that big a problem…

I feel guilty as its my game you are having all the trouble with … but in my defense, I know others are not having the same problem so I assume its hardware or software related and not my game.

You even asked me before uploading it whether it disabled USB (which it does not) and I said ‘everything will be OK’ … and its not!

Sorry, Nicole!

2 Likes

Ah, i don’t feel it’s a big problem, i can play lit‘s of games without problems. Don’t worry.
:roll_eyes: Can’t upload a video, format not supported.
And i don’t have the time to convert it…
I am running windows 10 btw

Image too big?! Nothing is going to work today…

So i try to describe what’s going on:
Team arg uploader:
Either flashing normally, but nothing happens and program says flashed successfully.
while flashing blinking yellow two times on left and staying red on right), or blinking a few times yellow only, not showing orange as far as i can tell this fast. Or flashing completely with yellow and orange lights and giving me the error message avrdude.exe ERROR no valid record found in intel hex file „t - rest truncated on screen.
Arduboy Manager:
Click transfer, flashing yellow and orange, telling me Transfer to the arduboy at COM5 complete! but nothing happens - same on both arduboys, driver installed again, pc shut down, boot up new, tried to put arduboy in after and before opening both programs.
Don’t have more time though now, have a lot of work today.
But, really it’s not that big problem for me…

1 Like

I am not sure I understand. What game did you flash onto your arduboy? Was it ‘Dark and Under’ V2.0.2 or something else? Either way, it appears to have worked (or am I missing something?)

I did try a lot of other games, the problem only occurs with turtle bridge, can‘t upload the crucial pics somehow…

So … help me out here.

You can flash other games to the device but you cannot flash Turtle Bridge?

1 Like

Exactly.
I just compared the difference:
While flashing other games all three light on the bottom horizontal bar are blinking, with turtle bridge red stays the same, doesn’t show at all or only yellow and orange are blinking. The top left vertical led indicators are showing nothing.
But very sorry guys, have to go now…
Missing appointments otherwise

1 Like

Ok, I wrote a test for you to do, and I decided to eat my own dogfood before sending it and I’m having problems getting it to work with basic avrdude commands. It seems similar to the other problem people have been having with arduino and “butterfly_recv(): programmer is not responding”.

I’m tracking it down here:

I have a second PC, same problem, but no fresh install, oh man, i gotta hurry up, getting my shit done today :laughing: