Trouble uploading HEX [Solved]

I just want to make sure I am understanding the problem. You have multiple Arduboys, trying to flash from different pc, and everything works except for just the turtle hex file?

Image because, this is crazy:

Is this image correct for you? The games just mean you can switch between something. Doesn’t matter which one. Any other game…

2 Likes

Yes, that’s it. I did try the hello world sketch and a lot of different games (including the mentioned ones)

Sorry I didn’t read this earlier:

I’m pretty sure you’ve saved the HTML data of the github page to the hex file, which is what that links to. Because doing so will cause the exact error you’ve got. I just tested it to be the case.

The best thing to do is just left click on the download button of the emulator window. OR you can save that link if you want. But the other link is to a github webpage, not actually the hex file.

The reason I suspect this enough to meme it is I’ve done the same thing on a number of different occasions.

3 Likes

:open_mouth: That’s weird, because it has the correct extension and after saving the file from the embedded link i did not get any sound at first - will try this again as i have some time later, would be very funny if that’s what happened

Yeah it still saves as a hex file, that’s why it’s tricky. I ran into this problem a lot when I was seeding the community with the embedded emulator at the top of the post. I’d save someones link with right click, and not know why it wasn’t working.

I’m very nearly certain this is the problem. It’s the only way it could be the issue.

1 Like

Yes! That was the problem! Thank you guys. Never thought that THIS would be the reason :laughing:

2 Likes

Let’s hope our game was worth the trouble :wink:

3 Likes

Of course - as all of your games are fantastic and i love game and watch games😉
Was my fault, but i just didn’t expect this.

1 Like

Ah, I was misunderstanding the problem earlier.
I thought you couldn’t upload anything else after uploading Turtle Bridge.
I didn’t realise it was the other way around. :P

1 Like