Under the Tower - RPG

(Nicole Birgel) #7

As soon as i find some time i will try out this a little more

(Nicole Birgel) #8

So i spend nearly an hour with it and have to say it is a lot of fun. It is not too easy (i like that) and the always new generated dungeons add much replay value. It is hard to fill your hp. Is there a way to buy equipment or only search for it?
Maybe it would help if you could use eat/drink not only in combat.
The main character looks weird - in a good sense (reminds me of slimes from dragonquest with legs)

(Stephane C) #9

I played a little on it, i saved my game and then this morning when trying to load my game it just displays where i was but cant see my character. Water animates and all but i cant see myself or move i guess. That or the camera position didnt save properly and i am somewhere off-screen. No idea.

(Jul) #10

The game looks stunning but I find it a bit frustrating. Every random encounter drains my hp and the next one kills me.

Such a great game! Thank you so much! :blush::+1:

(Cody) #12

if i gave up arduventure i would be off my 8-bit slightly fake doctors prescription

@Vampirics, hmm, that sounds really strange. I haven’t encountered anything like that when testing the game. Could you send a picture of what happens?

Can anyone else confirm whether or not saving works for them?

@Nicole_Birgel, thanks for the feedback! The only way to get items is in combat. I wanted to add merchants, but I’m not sure I have room to implement it like I would want. I wanted to keep healing as only a combat option so it would not be possible to refill health out of battle. It does make things a bit harder though.

Also, everybody I showed the game to thought the character sprite looked weird, too. One person called it “muffin boy,” haha. Just an amusing result of my lack of art skills.

@Jul, sorry, I might have made the game a bit hard. It’s possible to make it through battles if you use a careful combination of abilities, however, and you can heal with items. Levelling up also gives you some health.

@manulli Thanks! I’m glad you’re enjoying it!

(Nicole Birgel) #14

As for the save feature: No, i didn’t have this bug yet.

(Diamond Leyba) #15

I love it!! Great job!!

No issues with saving on my side either. All works fine.
And i have to add how well made this game is. I couldn’t stop playing last night. I fell asleep during a fight, only for seconds, but that was the only reason why i stopped :sweat_smile:

Now the save issue happened here too. Seems as if the hero is in one of those boxes? Can’t move him tho. What a shame. My party was on LV 20 :confused:

Oh, dang it, I think I know why that’s happening. It’s because of a change I made right before I released the game, so I didn’t test it enough to encounter it.

It’s probably caused because I save the player’s x and y coordinates as whichever tile they’re in. I made it so that the player’s bounding box is a little smaller, and that made it possible to be saved inside a wall. I’ll try to make a patch really soon to fix that.

Your save can be fixed, but it requires backing up your EEPROM to your computer and modifying the save data. If you want, you can PM me about it and I can fix your save to move the player out of the wall.

Until I update the game, it should be possible to avoid this bug by saving out in an open area. I’m sorry about this if anybody lost any progress. If anybody has a broken save, I can fix it if you PM me.

(Nicole Birgel) #19

Ah, i always was grinding outside, this explains why i didn’t get this nasty bug.

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face: I‘ll just wait for an update and start again. Looking forward to it :blush::+1:

The update with the fix is now up! Saving should hopefully no longer have problems. I also fixed a separate minor bug I had found. The most recent release (v1.1 as of right now) can be found in the first post or here.

Hooray! Will update asap :smiley:
Thanks a lot :blush:

(Nicole Birgel) #23

Thank you for the fast bugfix!

(Kyle) #24

Does it need to be under a specific name or something? I can’t seem to get it to show up in my sketchbook.

(Scott) #25

(Pharap) #26

13 posts were split to a new topic: Having trouble trying to replace Arduventure